It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
(female)

VitaminN HB User
Your idiopathic hives may be caused by bedbugs

I had to register to post this this due to my own battle with hives for the past 6 months.

I thought that my issue somehow arose from a host of supplements I had been taking in January of this year and that it was exacerbated by certain foods.

I never once suspected bedbugs because there were never any apparent signs of them. I never saw them in my bed even if I changed my sheets frequently and the hives would appear during the day as well as throughout the night so I would never have imagined that this could be the cause.

For six months I struggled with this issue, tried a million different treatments and the only thing that helped were antihistamines so I figured I would be on them until my hives went away on their own. Funnily enough, my cousin began developing hive-like welts but there were very different from mine in shape and size so we didn't think they were the same thing but began to wonder if something inside our house (mold, dust) was to blame for the allergic reaction.

A few weeks ago, we began packing to move out of our apartment (nothing to do with the hives) and had a few family members sleep over to help out with the move. One other cousin...the one who slept in my room developed welts the following day. Prior to this, did have others sleep in my room but there were no signs of welts or hives.

We decided that it was definitely something in my room/house. After flipping my mattress, I discovered the little devils, their remains, and their feces. It was absolutely disgusting. I still was unsure of whether this was the cause so subsequent to this finding, I began sleeping on the couch. My bites and therefore, the allergic reaction that caused my hives decreased.

Since then, I've moved and I am 100% hive free. I am beyond happy although my arms and legs are covered in terrible spots from scratching for 6 months.

Check your mattresses carefully for any indication of those pests. Flip it. Look behind mirrors or paintings on your wall. Check your clothes carefully. While you may not find the actual bug, ONE shell is an indication that they are present as they are skillful hiders.

I hope this helps someone out there sufferiing from the same issue.

Last edited by VitaminN; 08-11-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread