It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
(male)

brightlight HB User
Am I freaking out over nothing?

For the past few days I've noticed things appearing on my skin and other things.

-After picking at what appeared to be pimples on my face, a couple of brown-ish marks came in their place. These tingle, and itch and there's slight pain. This has been going on for like 3-4 days now. I think they may be acne scars? I'm probably wrong though.
-A day or two later I feel something on my neck (under my chin). I look in the mirror and see that it's a mole-looking thing with hairs growing out.
-I've also been seeing more pimples on my neck (back of neck) than usual. I usually never get pimples on my neck, just on my face. I also see a small red spot on my neck as well, I think a pimple was there before.
-My skin has been having a tingling feeling (especially on my arms and face).
And, finally:
-More moles have been appearing (on my arms mostly).

I noticed these all started happening after I picked at a pimple thing on my butt (and didn't wash my hands after). Maybe just a coincidence? I also got bug bites like a month ago, maybe that has something to do with it? I have no idea what's going on. I know I shouldn't be picking at pimples but I can't help it. I do it mostly when nervous.

Should I be concerned? Am I freaking out over nothing? Is the fact that all of these are happening around the same time just a coincidence? I'm going to the doctor's sometime next week for a check up. Is that too late to ask about these things?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Am I freaking out over nothing?

Hi, Its never too late to get things like this checked out. It may be nothing to worry about but better to let your Dr decide that.
I had a large spot grow on the side of my nose, I had it removed by a Dermatologist and three Moles as well.
Biopsies showed they were a form of skin cancer (Non Malignant) T.G. What might have happened if Id left them!!..
Good Luck, Solofelix.

Closed Thread