It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2011, 02:12 AM   #1
(female)

red98199 HB User
Question Help! I am miserable - horrific nightmare!!

I have had fingernail fungus for the past couple of months due to wearing artificle nails for many years combined with my need to wash my hands all of the time. I now have a relatively severe fungus infection on all 10 of my fingernails. Not only are the aesthetics of it bothering me but I seriously think I am beginning to lose my mind over all of it. I tried talking to my doc about it last week and am being told it is psychosemantic (made up in my head). This is what is going on:

I am on serbafina and have the nail polish stuff. In addition, I have tried vinegar, bleach, several hundred dollars of over the counter meds and nail care supplies so as to keep the fungi area clean.

My fingernails appear to finally be doing better; however, I was sitting on my back deck last weekend filing, sealing, and pealing the dead spores away (we could physically see new ones growing in behind them - is this normal????) WE have a bunch of trees near our house and the pollen is thick. In addition, we have an untreated deck with several boards suffering from tree fungus. I think that the pollen got into my nail stuff and I was removing some of the fungus from the deck last weekend as well. All of the sudden my fungus is extremely aggressive and if I clip a part of the nail off it just goes right back down, I see these black very tiny blob things all over my house now, I feel like things are sporadically sticking to me - in a static electricity fashion. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS??? PLEASE

I feel like I am going crazy. I am scared to go on the deck very much because I think that the fugus is sticking to my clothes, etc. I feel like I have fungus in my hair, and on my skin. My boyfriend did see apply cream blush to my face and the blush moved to form a line on my right cheek - from one area to another where I am feeling disturbance. My boyfriend also saw the aggressive way the fungus spores were popping back out when I filed and/or clipped them.

In addition, I should mention that while working on my nails I was sitting up to a resin picnic table and some water spilled and everything suddenly became attracted to each other. I stopped working out there and threw EVERYTHING away from the table. Shortly after my back began to kind of tingly and itch from inside...it feels like it is on my spine = between my two shoulder blades. Then over this past week it has turned into a bleach covered madness. I am trying to mentally work my way through it but I feel so helpless = it is so real to me, I can't believe my doc that it is made up in my head. All my bloodwork came back normal though....no sign of fighting a severe infection.... I feel like I can see these spore like fungi blobs all over my house - my boyfriend can see them too but he doesn't see them as a threat, but we have never had them before....and he isn't the one that they static to.

I AM REALLY SCARED- this sounds like alien stuff. I think everyone around me is about to have me committed permenantly. How come the people around me aren't getting it? I babysat my 7 month old grandson today for many hours but kept vynl. gloves on 99% of the time he was here....but I still have the fear that he is somehow going to conract it.

Any words of advice or stories of comparison would be so much appreciated!

Thank you for your time! Meredith

Last edited by red98199; 08-20-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
fungus, mysterious symptoms, nails, skin diseases