It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
(female)

dotbooker89 HB User
Question Sudden tiny bumps on face

I started noticing on Monday evening (today is Wednesday) a series of bumps on my jawline. I didn't think much of it-- it wasn't red, itchy, or hot. I woke up yesterday (Tuesday) and they had spread all over both my cheeks, my jaw and chin, and my forehead. Now I'm concerned! Still not itchy, red, or hot. Just tiny bumps all over my face. They are hard to see in dim light or far away, but I would really like them to go away. These are my theories:

-An allergic reaction. I have no idea what to (I do not have any known allergies and I haven't changed my face wash/lotion in months) but the sudden onset makes me think my body is trying to fight something. I started a new pack of birth control (Gianvi) on Sunday and the packaging is different, but I can't imagine that they would change the chemical make-up of a prescription all willy nilly like that.

-Clogged pores... extreme! I pride myself on clean and clear skin, and although I've been going into NYC more often than usual, I can't imagine I would break out in clogged pores all over my face this quickly!

-Stress. Ok, I have a lot of stress about (finding a job, just put my cat down, etc.) but this is a funny way to show it. Thanks, face. Could that be it?

If anyone knows how I could get rid of these, or at least cover them up reasonably (I have a job interview today!), I would love advice!! Thanks.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
(female)

myface HB User
Re: Sudden tiny bumps on face

[QUOTE=dotbooker89;4828878]I started noticing on Monday evening (today is Wednesday) a series of bumps on my jawline. I didn't think much of it-- it wasn't red, itchy, or hot. I woke up yesterday (Tuesday) and they had spread all over both my cheeks, my jaw and chin, and my forehead. Now I'm concerned! Still not itchy, red, or hot. Just tiny bumps all over my face. They are hard to see in dim light or far away, but I would really like them to go away. These are my theories:

-An allergic reaction. I have no idea what to (I do not have any known allergies and I haven't changed my face wash/lotion in months) but the sudden onset makes me think my body is trying to fight something. I started a new pack of birth control (Gianvi) on Sunday and the packaging is different, but I can't imagine that they would change the chemical make-up of a prescription all willy nilly like that.

-Clogged pores... extreme! I pride myself on clean and clear skin, and although I've been going into NYC more often than usual, I can't imagine I would break out in clogged pores all over my face this quickly!

-Stress. Ok, I have a lot of stress about (finding a job, just put my cat down, etc.) but this is a funny way to show it. Thanks, face. Could that be it?

If anyone knows how I could get rid of these, or at least cover them up reasonably (I have a job interview today!), I would love advice!! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Thank Goodness I found this, I have been searching all week and this sounds exactly like my rash or whatever it is. It just showed up initially on my jawline and then forehead and is hard to see unless in the right light although I can feel it. It's not itchy or burny, I don't have acne and have had this now well over a week. Have you had any luck finding what it is? How long have you had it? I am 34 years old and pretty healthy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
(female)

graceless24 HB User

You know, I have to admit how relieved I am to find that other people have experienced the exact same thing, but reading your posts, I think I now understand what is going on...

In the past two days, I've experience [I]the exact same thing[/I] and I have never, ever in my life had this happen. But, after finding this forum, I truly believe it's all 100% stress related. I'm 10 days away from my wedding, a very large party that I have planned entirely by myself. I also have a job that requires me to travel about 75% of the time (two years ago, I spent a personal-record 300 nights on the road) and the fact that the wedding is only 10 days away and we are hemmoraging money and I'm doing a lot of the projects for the day myself, I can see why I'm stressed... which is funny because I don't [I]feel[/I] stressed as I've felt stress before. The only reason I think this is all stress related is because of the strange things my skin has been doing.

A few weeks ago, I realized that I was breaking out all over my face. I have never had a problem with zits... maybe one or two biggies around my period, but that's it. I've been blessed. But two weeks ago, I had at least two dozen BIG zits on my face. Nothing had changed in my diet or my skin care routine, so I thought "bigger picture" about what was different. I was getting married. So I bought basically the whole Dermologica line (it's awesome!) and tried to relax a bit. Then, last night, I felt bumps on my jaw. Almost like my pores turned themselves inside out. Then it started spreading to my cheeks, then my temples, then my nose and bridge then finally my forehead. Only the jaw actually turned red, but it went away soon after. The bumps, though, are still there.

So having read this, I truly believe it's all stress related. Which sucks, because I need these things to GO AWAY!!!

Old 04-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
(female)

Naturalme HB User

Hi,
I hope they went away. If yes, did u figure out what was it? And what was causing them?
Thank u so much
I m havin the exact same think

Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
(female)

HateGianvi2012 HB User
Re: Gianvi - rash as a side effect

Shortly after I switched from Yaz to the generic (Gianvi) I developed a rash. At first it appeared to look a like poison oak. In two places on my arms and stomach it became severe; within five days I had a raised (welt like in shape) area covering 50% of my stomach surface area, red, itcy, and developing blisters. Then the rash, which looked like hives on the rest of my body spread to my back, arms, legs. I looked like a baby left in the sun - red and nearly blistered from my neck to my knees.

My allergist first tried corisone pills, then methylprednisolone (four times) then a corisone shot. During the various courses of pills I have tried topically to combat the rash with Fluocinonide (ointment) and then Clobetasol Propionate (ointment), I've also tried Calamine lotion, Zyrtec and Benedyrl.

After a month of misery, my allergist recommened me to a dermatoligist. After going to the dermatologiest she also said my rash looked a lot like some form of contatct dermatitis. In an effort to rule out everything though, I did a double skin biopsy and a blood test. The blood test came back negative for everything from Lupis to cancer (thankfully). The biopsy though came back with conclusive results - a drug reaction. To the only drug I take: Gianvi.

I am off of the Gianvi now, and was told that it could take as long as three months to get out of my system.

While the rash presents as topical - contact dermatits, it is systemic. I wish anyone out there with this reaction good luck recovering from it.

Closed Thread