It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
(male)

Diddy1 HB User
Question itchy bumps on back of hand... won't go away!

they are spread out like a rash, originally there was one fat one in the middle of the back of my hand about 1/3 of a centimeter... first pic is back of left hand... 2nd is back of right... 3rd is forearm on right... all the bumps are pretty similar

I dont have them anywhere else on my body, and they don't seem to be going away

I did research and i've read a few places they are maybe "flat warts", but they dont really look like warts... if they are warts, does that mean I have HPV? What else could they be?

http://i51.tinypic.com/tak5e8.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/2dkfp6x.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/okcb8.jpg

the new ones that form almost start out looking like small bubbles and itch a bit, then flatten a bit (and become less itchy) as time goes on

if they are flat warts, why do I only really have them on the backs of my hands instead of my face/arms/forehand? they don't look remotely cauliflowerish like a typical wart, so common, plantar, and subungal warts are out of the question...

is it possible it's a allergic reaction to something or a bug bite, or would those eventually go away within a few weeks (where these have been around longer)?

help!

Last edited by Diddy1; 08-25-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: itchy bumps on back of hand... won't go away!

I would guess it's an allergic reaction to something that you keep touching. Since it's just on the back of your hand, maybe hand sanitizer or some "antibacterial" hand soap, possibly from public restrooms.

If you use hand sanitizer, try not using it for a while, and rely on soap and water instead.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
(male)

Diddy1 HB User

don't use hand sanitizer.... or antibacterial soap.... and I very rarely use public restrooms

Old 08-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Your dish soap, maybe? Do you use a hand soap, or just regular bar soap in the bathroom? Do you work with any dyes or chemicals?

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
onelovelove (04-12-2012)
Old 08-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
(male)

Diddy1 HB User

I do have Dial bar soap I use to wash my hands in the sink, as well as in the shower....

I've Dial is bad for irritation and may cause bumps.... but would they last for this long (months+) if it was because of that?

Old 08-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dial is antibacterial, and many people are allergic to it. The bumps may last up to a month after the last time you used it, maybe even longer if you have ultra-sensitive skin. Try switching to Dove soap.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #7
(male)

Diddy1 HB User

when each one first appears, it seems to pop up and look like bubble'ish and really itch for about a day... then they flatten out and aren't so itchy, yet still stay visible on skin... any ideas? I don't think the soap is the issue

Old 04-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #8
(male)

onelovelove HB Useronelovelove HB User

Hey guys,
I am having the same problem.
Raised skin on the back of my hands that don't go away in a month. Mine are not itchy however, just a bunch of skin-color bumps.
Have you worked out what is causing the problem?

thanks

Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
(female)

red27 HB User

I have flat warts on my hand and forearm. The ones on my hand were itchy but the others weren't. They appeared skin colored and were slightly raised but flat on top, just as you said. At times they would fade to being flat red marks but then would return never having completely disappeared. My dermatologist went ahead and did the freezing spray since I only had a few. The longer I had the ones on my hand, the less they itched. Be careful to wash your hands because they spread by touch and you can spread them to other parts of your body or to others.

Closed Thread