It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2011, 03:04 AM   #1
(male)

Logan9 HB User
Exclamation Can someone please help me quick?!

Hi, i have a very bad itch that is spreading.

About 3 weeks ago, i started itching on the inside of both of my thighs, and groin area. i would wake up in the middle of the night and be scratching my thighs like crazy!! i went to the doctor and he said i had dry skin so he told me to pick up some 1% hydrocordizone. i used it as directed for about 10-12 days.
nothing has gotten better! its gotten worse! its spreading all over my chest and my arms now and i have bumps that look exactly like misquito bites, 5 on my butt, 1 on my scrotum and one on the left side of my penis, just under the helmet. it kinda looks swollen now my skin is getting tore up from scratching it at night! ive tried calamine lotion aswell as regular lotion, it only stops itch for a few hours then it starts again! im really worried and need some help! could this be scabies? or Flea bites? i did pull a few fleas off my cat a few days ago. PLEASE HELP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Can someone please help me quick?!

Go back to the doc. This sounds like some kind of allergy and those bumps may be hives. You could have developed an allergy to the detergent you use on your clothes or your soap. You'd see the flea on you and they tend to go for the feet and ankles unless they are in your bedding. But you can see them on you.

Your doc needs to see the bumps to try to figure out if it's hives or something else. Hydrocortisone cream does not necessarily stop an allergic reaction.

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Can someone please help me quick?!

[QUOTE=Logan9;4833397]Hi, i have a very bad itch that is spreading.

About 3 weeks ago, i started itching on the inside of both of my thighs, and groin area. i would wake up in the middle of the night and be scratching my thighs like crazy!! i went to the doctor and he said i had dry skin so he told me to pick up some 1% hydrocordizone. i used it as directed for about 10-12 days.
nothing has gotten better! its gotten worse! its spreading all over my chest and my arms now and i have bumps that look exactly like misquito bites, 5 on my butt, 1 on my scrotum and one on the left side of my penis, just under the helmet. it kinda looks swollen now my skin is getting tore up from scratching it at night! ive tried calamine lotion aswell as regular lotion, it only stops itch for a few hours then it starts again! im really worried and need some help! could this be scabies? or Flea bites? i did pull a few fleas off my cat a few days ago. PLEASE HELP[/QUOTE]

Hi, It sounds like an allergy, You could try an OTC Antihistamine.
My husband developed an uncontrolable itch on his shins.
I bought a tube of Aloe-Vera Gel and put it in the fridge so it was real cold.
It worked for him.It was cooling and stopped the itch in no time. Solofelix.

Closed Thread