It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
(female)

freks1988 HB User
Why is my skin hypersensitive in certain areas

Hello all...

I wasn't sure which category to post this question in because I have no idea what is causing the problem. My skin has been hypersensitive in different locations of my body. When clothes or my fingers touch the sensitive area, it feels uncomfortable. It is the same feeling that my skin had when I got the flu as a child. The skin is normal-looking.

About five days ago, I noticed an uncomfortable feeling when I touched my skin on a small part of my wrist/lower arm. Then the next day the sensation went away from my arm and was now located on the side of my ribcage (opposite side of body). Then the next day, the sensation went away on that location and was now on my upper arm. The sensitivity has stayed on my upper arm but has moved up my arm toward the shoulder and then down along the side near my armpit. The feeling is very noticeable if it is cool in the house. When I took prescription-strength Ibuprofen, it really helped. But after the Iboprofen wore off, the sensitivity came right back.

I have no clue what this could be. I am not sick with the flu or anything. I know I'll have to see a doctor if it doesn't go away, but I was hoping that maybe someone could give me an idea as to what the skin sensitivity is.

Thank you.

Closed Thread