It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
(male)

Nawakmayt HB User
Blood Pocket Under Inner-Thigh

Hi,

About a month ago, I developed this pocket of blood (and presumably other fluid) on my inner thigh, very near where it connects with the perineum. The pocket was about half-dollar sized (1"-1.3" diameter). I was not aware I had developed this thing, though, as it was not raised nor did it hurt. Upon standing from the toilet one day, and I'm sorry for those with week stomachs, I noticed the toilet seat coated with dark, thickish bloody matter. I examined myself, found the spot, and expressed what I could from it. I was able to express matter from it for several days in a row. I tried to keep the area dry, and I applied triple antibiotic ointment to it for a while. New skin has now grown over the area, but parts of it are still purple.

The problem is, I've developed another spot in the same region. There was a little pain, and this one I ruptured myself (though more on accident), and the same thing: lots of thick, bloody liquid.

I'm not sure what I can do to stop this. It should be noted I'm a bigger person: 6'4", ~285lbs, and I'm fairly sedentary (I'm a graduate student), but I don't think much about me has changed in 8-10 years, so I'm not sure why this is happening now.

Thoughts? What is this? It doesn't sound like any description of a blood blister I've read of (or had for that matter). Are there suggestions to stop it? Do I need to provide more information?

Last edited by Nawakmayt; 09-08-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Added a little more description

Closed Thread