itchy scalp, not lice or scabies!! going insane, please help.
i have picked up a 'bug' of some sort from getting a haircut last year.
i have no idea what it is. medical experts tell me 'it cant be real, there is nothing on earth with those symptoms'. (also, i have been misdiagnosed with scabies, and treated for scabies for over 6 months and its still getting worse.
a biopsy of my scalp proved its not fungus or dermatitis.
i have been assesed by 5 or so psych docs now, all of them say i have a genuine problem. however, a normal GP will insist if its not scabies, its all in my head! its not bird mites or rat mites either. its not morgellons. i do not have fibers and lesions.
1) started on a site on my scalp. to be exact, it started on a scar.
2) i noticed straight after leaving, my scalp was itchy and buzzing
like pins and needles but really violently. the feeling has been there since.
3) it seemed to spew out invisible spores or bugs that give me crawlies.
4) i started getting bites within about 3 days, very few at the time.
5) within 2 weeks i was getting bites as well, and my clothes had become infected.
6) bites are to small to see mostly, can be felt. slightly raised.
occasionally i get larger ones, when left unscratched (if im asleep, and dont notice when i was bitten so didnt scratch it) will come out a tiny clear blister.
7) i tried all scabies treatments, i mean all of them. i have tried 150+
treatments in total. i have spent 10K+ on this (all my savings..)
8) this loves hair. i mean any hair. theres a stray cat in my neighborhood,
who also has this problem, i get itchy as soon as i touch it. (i am not allergic to cats, i have had 15 or so cats) dogs go crazy around me, they notice somethings up.
if anyone at all can help, or knows what it might be. please help! thanks kindly.