It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
(male)

duck009 HB User
Seb dermatitis, eczema? STEROIDS MADE IT WORSE!? Pics.

Last september I developed a weird rash on my cheeks. It would start by flaking, as the skin peeled away it would go really red. It comes and goes, but it's back again and I don't know what to do. I didn't have it for the whole summer, but now in september it's back again.

I went to a dermatologist who prescribed me travocort which made it worse by the next morning. Not I have that butterfly kind of rash going on again. It was supposed to be a light steroid... I have tried elocon and fucicort before which did the same thing.

EVERYTHING THEY PRESCRIBE ME MAKES IT WORSE BY THE NEXT MORNING. The rashes weren't even that big before.

Here's a pic:

The rashes are next to the nose. The red lines came under my eyes after using steroids. I suppose I used it too close to my eyes? The doc said it was fine.

I have also tried sunbeds, antihistamines which I still regularly use. Nothing.

Any help?

The doc thinks it's seb dermatitis because I've had a flaky scalp and eyebrows before. Nizoral took care of that.

Should I keep using the steroid cream even though it's making the situation 10x worse?

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/m73tvr.jpg[/IMG] (before steroids I only had the flaky rashes next to my nose. )

if pic doesn't show:
http://i56.tinypic.com/m73tvr.jpg

Last edited by duck009; 09-23-2011 at 08:05 AM.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Seb dermatitis, eczema? STEROIDS MADE IT WORSE!? Pics.

Huh. I don't know what that is, but eczema is usually rougher.

If the steroids are making it worse, then stop. It happens to me that way sometimes. You might be allergic to one of the inactive ingredients in the medicine. My doctor prescribed a different steroid and that helped, although that rash wasn't on my face.

For now, don't do anything. Take some antihistamine pills if the rash is itchy. Zyrtec is usually good for rashes.

Sometimes steroids do worsen face rashes, and what works then is a little antibiotic ointment. (Unless you are allergic to antibiotics!)

Call the dermatologist and let her know it got worse. If you are given another cream, put it on just a little bit of the rash, then wait about half a day, to see what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
(male)

diyablow HB User
dear Friend

from the things You have said it seems that you have some thing called Rosacea
which is triggered by sun light, spicey food and made worth by steriods other things so now that you know what can be causing you these troubles i hope you can seek the treatment good luck

Old 04-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
(male)

diyablow HB User
Re: Seb dermatitis, eczema? STEROIDS MADE IT WORSE!? Pics.

stop steriods immediately!!!!

Closed Thread