It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
(female)

Saragrl HB User
Infection in my toe. Its been there for 2 months

So, I work at a summer camp ever summer teaching primitive skills to kids. For the past 2 years i have gotten a nasty toe infection in my big toe. It finally went away after months last year.But, it came back this summer in the same spot, except much worse. It is next to my nail on my big toe on the right or(inner part) of my toe. It started out very red and swollen, and pussed yellowish green. Then i went to the man in the health center at camp and he soaked it with epsom salt and after a week when it did not get better he lanced it. We continued with the epsom salt baths 3 times a day, and wrapped it with gauze and tape.

It went down a little, but it has been two months and it is still very red. It hurts to the touch especially on a VERY tender spot on the corner of my toe that i cannot even bare touching. It still pusses a little, but its mostly clear. In sometimes pulsates pain without even touching anything.

is this anything worse than a normal infection do you think? Why does it come back each summer? is there anything else i can do myself for it? Is it bad enough to see a doctor?

Old 09-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Infection in my toe. Its been there for 2 months

It might be an ingrown toenail. Normally that's not a big deal, but it isn't going away. A podiatrist can remove part of the nail so that this doesn't happen any more.

In the meanwhile, try hot compresses, not just warm but hot. Don't burn the skin with boiling water or anything, but as hot as your healthy skin can stand. It will hurt some when you press it on the infected skin, but it'll bring the infection to a head and kill it off.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
Saragrl (09-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread