It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
(female)

Mirielle HB User
Tender bump under skin at corner of eye

I'm hoping someone can give me some idea of what this is or the type of doctor I should bring this up to--maybe a dermatologist, maybe an eye doctor? A few days ago, I noticed that the area just under the corner of my left eye/the side of my nose was sore to the touch. At first I thought maybe my sinuses were acting up (although I don't have a cold or bad allergies), but then I noticed the pain was centered on a tender little lump under the skin, near where the tear duct runs down. It's about the size of a pinhead and not red or visible when looking at the area, so I'm pretty sure it's not milia or something like that, but I can feel it underneath the skin. It's firm and doesn't seem to move very much if I move the skin around.

I don't have any other eye symptoms--no tearing, no irritation, no swelling of the area. Just a tender, firm little bump. Around the same time I noticed this, I also had a pretty nasty pimple above the bridge of my nose and the lymph node under my jaw was tender, but after the pimple went away the lymph node did, too.

Any ideas? Maybe a small cyst or even a stone in the tear duct that isn't really blocking it? Anything I can try to get it to go away before paying a doctor?

Closed Thread