It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
(male)

Manque HB User
Dime-sized patch of white dry skin on groin. Not itchy. Used prescription creams.

Hello,

I'll get straight to the point because I have a lot to say:

I have a small, dime-sized, patch of white dry skin where my testicle meets my groin and another one right on the top of the base of the shaft of my penis (more-so on my abdomen than my penis though). They do not itch, but I have noticed that my groin, particularly my testicles, has been a little bit moist lately and the skin on my penis is particularly dry.

I went and saw two doctors about this. Both prescribed an over-the-counter anti-fungal cream which I used for two weeks. It did not clear up so I went back and saw a different doctor. He prescribed me a prescription strength cream (Lamisil). I have been using this for 30 days, but the patches remain.

I am booked to see a dermatologist in February, but i'm still stressing about this due to its location and because I have a lovely girlfriend who means a lot to me. I do not want to pass something to her. Thinking of this, I asked the doctor whether or not it was sexually related or not and he replied, "definitely not". Paranoid me, I got my STI check anyways, but all results came back negative. So, i'm supposedly clear on that front.

But, there's something else going on I think... My girlfriend and I are in a long distance relationship, but when we meet we do of course have sex. Whenever we have sex though, my girlfriend usually develops a urinary tract infection. We have showers before we have sex, we clean ourselves with soap, wash our hands thoroughly, use condoms, and take any precautions we can think of. Yet, she seems to get a urinary infection or yeast infection everytime we meet (4-month intervals). Looking at other information, I'm not sure if this is related or not, but thought i'd mention it anyways just in case. It's starting to hurt our relationship to the point that she says she doesn't want to have sex next time we meet at Christmas time. That saddens me.

I should also note that I have not had these symptoms before meeting her. I should also note that I live in a filthy dorm (my roommates are pigs despite me cleaning up after them all the time) and I thought that athlete's foot from a dirty shower might have somehow worked its way up to my groin. But, I've used the appropriate creams and nothing has changed.

I'm really at my witts end. I'm losing sleep over this posting on these boards. I'd really appreciate anybody's advice. If you have made it this far in reading, thank you very much for your time and energy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread