It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
(male)

cireman HB User
Red Bumps/Rash/Itching for a Month in Groin Area

Hello,
So a few days before Halloween I recall my anus slightly itching one day. A few days later it was in between my scrotum and inner thigh, mostly when moving around a lot. I put it aside until one day I was having sex with my gf and it got a little messier than normal (wetness on girls part, etc). I could feel that it was irritating the area. A couple of days passed and it seemed to be on both sides where my scrotum and thighs meet. Not thinking about it I put some A&D or antibiotic lotion on it here and there. It was a bright red area that spread a little but not too far from that region. It looked mostly like skin that had too much friction or rubbed together too much. I was clean from any STD last time I checked, and have been with the same girl for almost a year so haven't fooled around, though she has tested positive for early stages of HPV, but has been getting it treated.
I am on my feet all day at work so the more I moved around the itchier it got, and to make things worse I had to move the weekend it was at its peak so I was stressed and having to walk a lot. It was horrible, extreme itching and burning. A week or two from the first itch (right before the move) I finally got a cheap anti-fungal to start putting on it. It slowly went down but I didn't 100% follow directions (didn't wash before applying at night) and thought it may disappear as it started getting better. Instead it would slowly reappear so I just put antibiotic cream on. It stayed and what was left was small red dots on my inner thighs and above the penis in the pubic hair region. There is a small paper cut like area in between where my scrotum and thigh meet about an inch long that burns once in a while when agitated. The area between the two is slightly reddish also, and once in a while gets slightly puffed up. The other red bumps aren't raised but do itch here and there, mainly the anus will randomly itch here and there and above the penis around the pubis hair. I recently (about 4 1/2 weeks later now) began applying Lotrimin again and seems to be barely barely fading. The spots above the penis seem to come and go as they get agitated after shower, etc. I don't know if it should be faster now or maybe I'm just so impatient at this point.
Here are some side notes that may help:
-One fingernail was damaged due to guitar playing and seemed to get a very slight fungal look to the side of the nail (dry skin, small slight brown area etc)
-I used to ride a bike alot before this happened, but never really had similar problem.
-I have had a small red pimple like thing pop up here and there during this all lower on thigh near knee's or small small red bump on hand around hair follicles. Not sure if it's related but thought maay help.

Any suggestions would be great before I go and spend a buttload from being uninsured, thanks in advance so much!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (45.3 KB, 2 views)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
(male)

SDMan HB User
Re: Red Bumps/Rash/Itching for a Month in Groin Area

I've had a similar issue for 2.5 months now. It also started near my anus and inner thighs and has spread all around. It seems to look similar to what you're experiencing. Weird thing is that I've experienced a lot of itching in other places too, sometimes in places without any little red bumps and sometimes in areas with white raised skin. I've been to an allergist and dermatologist. The allergist didn't help and the dermatologist gave me cream for scabies. I don't think it's caused by either. A family friend who's a doc saw a few of the marks on my hands and thought that it may be molluscum contagiosum, which is a virus usually received via sexual contact. What's weird is that I haven't had many sexual partners over the last 1.5 years - I've only slept with two girls over the period, one being my ex-GF - and it kind of just popped up overnight. I was in Central America all summer, so it's possible that I picked up a virus there that laid dormant in my system for a month and came up now or that I have a parasite.

Long story short, I have no idea what it is at this point. It used to be really bad at night but I'm now able to sleep pretty easily. My plan is to go to an internist and start ruling out causes - i.e allergy, viral, fungal, parasite, etc. - until we can determine what it is. Don't go to a derm or allergist first because they won't look broadly into potential causes.

Please let me know what you find/research and I'll do the same.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
(male)

cireman HB User
Re: Red Bumps/Rash/Itching for a Month in Groin Area

Interesting.
I looked at pictures of molluscum contagiosum but it never seemed to be raised like that in my case. Just small barely visible red bumps at the end. I ended up seeing a doctor and he seemed to think it was jock itch gone astray like me. Prescribed me a cream that cleared it up in about two days with slight signs left and slight tingling so I ended up getting the pills he prescribed me, flucanozole, and it seems to be just about history thankfully. I don't know if its me worrying a lot still or the tail end or what but I once in a while feel tingling sensation, but also only taken few days of two week meds, so will see if stays away... Good luck

Closed Thread