It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
(male)

SDMan HB User
Small Red Bumps/Rash, 2.5 months, random places on body

I've had what seems to be a rash that has flared up across different parts of my body for about 2.5 months now and I have no idea about what has caused it (STI, allergy, viral, etc.). It started as groups of itchy red bumps located primarily on my inner thighs and butt and less so on my outer thighs and knees. Then, seemingly over 1-2 weeks, I started noticing itchy little bumps (like smaller than your average pimple) on my feet, random places on my arms, back, hands (not palms) and fingers. These bumps have generally been absent from my penis and testicles but have sometimes emerged below my belly button and near the top of my pubic hair. Last week, I did notice what almost looks like a pimple on my scrotum that has gone down in size signficantly, never itched, and didn't show any signs of having puss or exretement.

At first, about two months ago, I thought it was an allergy so I saw an allergist. He's had me on two different combinations of medicine and they haven't done anything. I also re-washed all my clothes in a less aggressive detergent. The symptons remained unchanged so I've kind of concluded that it's probably not an allergic reaction.

I then saw a dermatologist and asked for medication for scabies. She gave me permethrin and some steroid creams. I have used the permethrin three times and it seems to have brought down the itching a solid amount but it still persists. It isn't NEARLY as bad as it once was, especially at night. That said, I've used it three times I was at home (and thus, out of my apartment) and it still never really went away. The derm never thought it was scabies to begin with as the rash/bumps never got really worse in a concentrated area and I didn't have the tunnels the bug makes. I agree with her and feel like it cannot be scabies.

Last week, I saw another doc who is a family friend and he thought it was molluscum contagiosum, which is a mild STD. He thought this was the case because he saw that some of the bumps on my hands seemed to have little crevices in the middle and thus looked viral. I've noticed little scars that almost look like dry skin on the places that the bumps used to be on my hands. Is this a sign of herpes? I've yet to go in to see another doctor, but plan to soon see an internist so we can start ruling out causes.

Last thing. I've been with two girls since I started recognizing this and both mentioned (one this weekend) that they've developed little rashes after sleeping in my bed. The first time, I felt like it may have been something in my sheets that impaced us both. Over the past week, I've noticed a rash on my neck that is almost invisible during most of the day but flares up when I either take a warm shower or shave. I was humiliated the second time - she strangely had a rash on her chest and shoulder - as I know it was something from me but I couldn't tell her what. Does it make sense that a STI - like herpes or molluscum contagiosum - can become visible in a recipient in less than 5-6 hours? That seems crazy to me.

Other than my skin, I've faced no serious medical issue over the past 2-3 months. I've felt healthy, remained active/exercised, have had a lot of mental energy at work, and generally sleep well given I haven't felt itchy at night.

Anyone have any tips? I would really, really appreciate anything you all could offer as this is something that affects me physically, has occupied my conscience for way too long now, and something that I'm hoping won't impact future girlfriends/wife.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread