It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
(male)

Iamanonymous HB User
Question Unusual Skin & Scalp Scabs appearing from nowhere

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Greetings and thanks for reading this and helping me understand the root of my problem.[/COLOR][/B]

[B]For about the last 15 months, I have had sporadic episodes of very small bumps appearing on my scalp and also small scabs appearing on my arms and legs.[/B] I am unsure how the scabs got to appear.

The bumps on my scalp usually remain for approx 1 month unless I continually pick at them.

This scenarioo of the scalp bumps appearing has happened 2 or 3 times over the last 15 months.

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]ADDITIONALY[/COLOR][/B], [B]AL I am also getting small scabs (similar to a regular scab where a sore is healing, [COLOR="DarkRed"]that seem to appear from nowhere[/COLOR] on my arms and legs (lower arms and hands and lower leg below the knee and up to (not including) the foot[/B].

I have been picking at them. This makes the scabs stay around a long time. If I do not pick, they eventually heal and disappear. Thse scabs just appear on different locations of my arms and legs and I can have a number of them simultaneously. They last about a month if I do NOT pick at them. After a few months they re-appear.

[B][/B]These scabs seem to appear for no reason and usually continue forming for about a month or so. The timing of the bumps on my scalp is simulataneous with mand and leg issues.

I have a lot of stress that I am dealing with - more on a subconcious level than a concious one. I also have type 1 Diabetes and I am recently on Wellbutrin, but this problem occurred before I used Wellbutrin. I also use Levothyroid, Lipitor and a variety of Vitamins, Fish Oil and Folic Acid as well as Hydrochlorothiazide.

[B]Could the cause be from a reaction ofany of these medications [B]OR[/B] could I be scratching myself[B] during sleep [/B]to cause the scabs to appear? when I wake up??? OR is is this something else?? [/B]

Thanks for sharing any information or thoughts that you may have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
(female)

ppebbles HB User
Re: Unusual Skin & Scalp Scabs appearing from nowhere

from personal experience u could have psoriasis. its a skin disease that can appear anywhere on ur body...look up some pictures and see if its similar. psoriasis is like scabs only most the scab is white unless you've picked it and it bleeds also can be quite itchy...hope this is of some help

The Following User Says Thank You to ppebbles For This Useful Post:
Iamanonymous (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
(male)

Iamanonymous HB User

Hi and Thank You very much for your input. I will take a look at it and do the research.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
(female)

skinprobs HB User

Did you ever figure out what this is? I'm having something that seems pretty similar...

Closed Thread