It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
(female)

kellyb4vt HB User
Red Spots around healing bone

I broke my left fibula close to my ankle in October 2011. I had surgery to repair the bone and now have a rod a screws afixed to my bone. My fibula has completely healed. I started walking on it again in December 2011 with the aid of a cam boot. In January 2011, I had another surgery to remove the longest of all of the screws and began walking unassisted in early February 2011. I'm walking without a limp now. I still have a little swelling. The muscle is on it's way to getting back to full strength but not quite there yet. I have no pain, tingling, numbness, or discomfort at all on the leg. It [I]feels[/I] back to normal even though I'm still limited in some things (balancing on that leg, for example).

My concern is this: I've developed little red spots all around my ankle. They're not bumps or open sores. Just tiny spots--no bigger than the tip of a ball-point pen. What is that and is it cause for concern?

Closed Thread