It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
(female)

Beautyqueen26 HB User
My tinea versicolor is fading!!!!!

I have been battling tinea versicolor for over a year now and it seems like I a finally making some progress. I'm not usually the type to post a lot on forums or boards simply bc I get busy and can't keep up with them BUT! This is something I want to share for everyone going through this skin infection. Tinea versicolor has been very frustrating and with little info action out there it's hard not to spend money and time on useless gimmick creams and drandruff shampoo remedys. I want to share some of what I've done to make progress. I may sound like I've stepped off the bus to crazy town with some of the things I've done out of frustration and desperation but I'm going to list all of the things that may or may not have been the result of progress lol!!

1% drandruff shampoo and clarisonic Mia exfoliator brush.
(did this for about 3 weeks didn't see much difference)

Started taking acidolphius probiotic.

Changed my diet and reduced alcohol breads and anything fermented including vinegars. (google tinea versicolor or candida diet)

Applied tea tree oil 3 times daily. This made my skin super dry and scaley I did this for about two weeks. Didn't do much from what I could tell.

Started using lever 2000 soap on the affected area. This made my skin still scale but while in the shower after using the soap the texture of my skin was for lack of a better word squeeky clean. I rubbed my hands briskly over the skin and noticed it was peeling pretty good. (this was with a lot of effort). So I did this everyday using the lever 2000 and peeling technique.

I also made sure to keep the area dry. The fungus loves warm damp environments. If I were to sweat that day I made sure to clean the area ASAP with anti bacterial soap.

Finally (this sounds weird) but as soon as I noticed any flaking I would cover the spot with tape (scotch) and remove the skin the fungus was feeding on.

Now the flaking has stopped and the color is starting to come back. I will be tanning in a few weeks and I'll let everyone know what happens!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread