It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
(female)

maika3 HB User
red spots

I really need some advice, please;

Something like 3 or 4 weeks ago I noticed a big, red spot on the back of my leg, above my knee; It was of regular shape, but at first I thought I just scratched myself (which I do unconsciously when I am nervous) so I didn't worry so much; But it didn't go away, I started searching on the internet; I thought that looks similar to the pictures of ringworms; So I went to the pharmacy and got something for fungi;

However, this thing didn't go away and I realized that something similar is growing on my back - just smaller; I went to the doctor and she gave me Ketoderm - shampoo to use once all over my body and ketoconazole teva to use twice everyday; She said they would be almost gone in 3 days, but to treat them for 2 weeks. I washed all my clothes very well too. But they did not disappear and more of small spots started showing all over my back and my chest, neck and belly - I am not sure if it is the same thing though; They have similar shape, but are much smaller and some of them looks very dried out in the center;

I went to the doctor again and this time she gave me Diprosalic pommade - to use 2 times a day, and to keep using ketoconazole teva once a day; It is two days since I started using it, but I realized there is even more of them showing up, and the old one don't seem to care for the treatment;

I am getting married in 2 months and I am really afraid of being all spotted around. I don't think my doctor really knows what she is doing and I am just spending money and time for her experiments with the drugs.

Can anyone please help!? I will appreciate it very much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread