It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #16
(male)

Pablit HB User
Re: Attempting to cure my Seborrheic Dermatitis by cutting out Gluten, Wheat and Dair

Hi All,

I am 27 and I have recently been diagnosed with SD, I am destroyed but reading your message and knowing that I am not alone with this decease let me feel a bit less depressed.

My skin was perfect, and all of sudden, the red patches began.

Derma told me that I need to cut off the gluten, i have always eaten a lot of gluten so I dont think thats the issue, however, I will change my diet but I am positive that it wont go away just by doing that. In the end, its our skin that its just intolerate to the fungus, so I believe we need to try to control it and keep breathing.

We need to keep supporting each other, I do know how do you feel, I feel extremely depressed, I dont want to go out, I know that I am just beginning this pad and there is a lot in front of me, maybe the rest of my life with this, so I need to keep living day by day, and just try to motivate myself reading your messages which make me feel that I am not alone.

Thanks to all.

The following user gives a hug of support to Pablit:
PsychoMantis (04-15-2013)
Old 04-15-2013, 02:38 AM   #17
(male)

PsychoMantis HB User
Re: Attempting to cure my Seborrheic Dermatitis by cutting out Gluten, Wheat and Dair

Hey Pablit, just saw your message. Sorry to hear that you have this horrible disease. I made this thread about a year ago and I have some good news and some bad news. Bad news, it's still a big problem in my life, good news is I've seen some improvement. I've been doing something called 'skin needling' using an apparatus called a dermastamp which is mainly used for scarring. It has considerably strengthened my epidermis and decreased the flaking and burning sensation, but not to a point where I can ignore it.

I wish you all the luck in beating this disease, i'm still not giving up and will try anything that could possibly help. I'm thinking of trying a week long juice fast next.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #18
(female)

pudgie84 HB User

Hi all!

PsychoMantis, have you tried the juice fast?

I have just started a gluten-free, sugar-free (except for a limited amount of fruit) diet one week ago and have not seen positive results. Will keep everyone posted. I have a severe case of SD on my scalp that has been steadily getting worse for 10+ yrs, so if this diet does help, it may take a while. BTW, I have had a blood allergy test which stated I am allergic to eggs but I was eating a TON of eggs at the time I took the test and so the test results may not be inaccurate. I tried cutting out eggs for about 10 days with no results, but maybe that wasn't long enough?

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Pablit, hang in there. There are days where I just want to rip my scalp off, but gotta keep looking for a solution...

Old 06-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #19
(female)

pudgie84 HB User

PsychoMantic, I forgot to also ask you about the dermastamp. I can't seem to find info online about it as it pertains to SD. Has it helped you? If so, could you provide more info on it? Thanks!

Old 11-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #20
(female)

rosebud8989 HB User
Exclamation Re: Attempting to cure my Seborrheic Dermatitis by cutting out Gluten, Wheat and Dair

I realize this is an old post but I keep finding people telling Seb. Derm sufferers to get allergy tested. I too was fooled by everyone posting on forums to get allergy tested. After reading on forums I made an appointment with the best Allergy doctor in the US.

He informed me that it isn't an allergy you are looking for that causes SD unless you are experiencing other signs of a true allergy. You probably have a FOOD INTOLERANCE.

Allergy and food intolerance are totally different things. The allergy test tests for antibodies to certain foods and intolerance do not create antibodies. You need to do a strict elimination diet for 2-3 weeks. He prescribed no gluten or dairy for me. After 2-3 weeks you "challenge" the foods separately to see if they effect your SD.

So no, you likely do not need to keep telling everyone who has SD to get allergy tested. It would save a ton of people money and the disappointment when their tests come back negative.

Reply Reply