It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
(female)

anngab1 HB User
Burning, tingling, swollen lips with cracked corners

I have pain, swelling and burning on and around my lips. The corners of my mouth are cracked and it is extremely painful. This has been ongoing for three weeks. It is the second time I have had these symptoms. The last time, I received a cortisone shot and it cleared up. This time, the dr is trying topical creams and prednisone, so far nothing has worked. My lips feel like they are stinging and the skin around my mouth feels like its been burned. Today I went back to the dr and she gave me a 30 day RX of Solodyn and Elidel cream, as well as Oxistat cream. What is wrong with me? I have not had any dental work, no known allergies, have not changed any soaps or toothpaste. I cannot use any lip balms with sunscreen, because the chemicals burn the sensitive skin. I am using Aquaphor and Viscos Lidocaine (numbing agent). My dermatologist seems perplexed. We have already tried Valtrex, Prednisone, and other topical anti-fungal creams. It is so painful, it's making me depressed!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread