It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #1
(female)

Apil HB User
Intense Itching

For approximately 2 weeks I've had a severe itching that is not at all helped by actually scratching. Sometimes it feels as if it's actually under the skin. The doctor thinks it's an allergy and I've been prescribed a special body wash, moisturiser and 2 different very strong antihistamines yet nothing has stopped it, which makes me think maybe it isn't an allergic reaction. It isn't constant it comes in waves that keep me awake at night. I wake up two or three times a night in intense discomfort. Its become so bad that my legs look like theve been attacked, covered in scratches, and bruises.
Please if anyone has any ideas about what this could be or what I could do to stop it I would be grateful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
(female)

Bretta668 HB User
Re: Intense Itching

You mention legs but mine is on the arms. It is a nerve in my 6th vertebra that causes mine. About the only thing that can be done is ice packs. Also use Green Gold Bond lotion or Eucerin skin calming lotion during the day. The article I found on the internet says to apply the lotion within 3 minutes after bathing and keeping the lotion in the refrig helps. Try Chiro or acupuncture. Hope maybe the latter may help some.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Ameritech3 HB User

I've read up on this issue on several sites and they all seem to say the same thing. The first thing is that if it is an itch that feels "under the skin", a lotion or cream application won't relieve the itch because there is an underlying cause within the body. The sites have listed serious diseases such as Liver failure, kidney failure, or celiac disease. The thing that all of these have in common is the problem is with the body malfunctioning.

Start keeping track of your "itching attacks". Recall everything you ate that day and see if there is a pattern. If it's something like celiac's then it will be gluten intolerance. If your seeing any kind of pattern I'd consult your doctor and see if it could possibly be one of these.

Good luck!

Old 10-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
Perhaps this might help you.
My husband was suffering intolerable itching on one of his ankles. It went on for weeks until I sugested he tried "Aloe Vera Gel" (keep it in the fridge) after two or three days of repeated use he found a vast improvement and now a couple of months on his itch has gone.
Give it a try It cant do no harm.

Solofelix.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #5
(male)

ZoriWser HB User

You both have a verse disease of skin i had also a long experience of the Intense Itching. here are some suggestions for you which i had apply on my self.
Use aqeouse cream or e45 they are good and i used them all through my 5 pregnanceys and still today hope that helps it was helpful so much for me and for coming one.
Try to use the anti itch E oil. it is also helpful.

http://dentalimplantsmanhattan.biz

Last edited by ZoriWser; 10-12-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
allergy, itch