It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
(female)

km446 HB User
Red, ring-shaped rash...not ringworm?

Hi. I have been getting a rash on my inner thighs for years now. Ive seen a few doctors, none could tell me what i was dealing with. The rash is in the same exact area on each side of my inner thighs every time. Red, raised, ring-shaped spots that start as a dot. They are smooth, not crusty or scaly. They either spread out in a horseshoe shape, or a red ring with a purple center. More times than not, the rings join and form a large lumpy ring. It usually lasts a week or so, then disappears for a few months. The only pattern that I've detected so far is that it always shows up 1 to 1 1/2 weeks before my period, but not every month. It is not contagious at all. It itches maybe once a day, but when it itches...it REALLY itches! When it itches, if i stretch out the skin, the ring/horseshoe shapes turn white and sort of...flash...with the beat of my heart. It sounds bizarre, and it is. I have several pictures, but cant figure out if i can post pictures of it. I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me figure this out!

Old 05-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User
Re: Red, ring-shaped rash...not ringworm?

Look up Erythema Annulare Centrifugum......I had these breakouts under my arm for years and nobody knew what it was. I finally found a dermatologist who recognized it and took a biopsy. Sure enough, that's what it was. He said I had an undiagnosed problem in my body, probably very minor, but enough to break out in the rash. He prescribed a long course of antibiotics and they went away and never came back.

There are a lot of pictures to look at and it shows up different on different people. Mine was the one that looked like ringworm....started out as a small bump and grew into a large circle. It itched occasionally, but when it started it was really annoying.

Now I have a problem with chronic hives, but again, they could test forever and never find the cause. Best to see a dermatologist when you get a skin condition. They see a lot of weird rashes and can diagnose them better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread