It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
(female)

Kiwiuchi HB User
Bump in Nostril

I have recently become concerned about a small bump inside my right nostril. It isn't too painful but it certainly presents some discomfort. Upon researching some I have found some possible answers: pimple, wart, or a nasal polyp.

Normally, something like this would not concern me,however, I read that some can be cancerous. I was hoping for some feedback on whether I should wait it out or confront a doctor...?

Also, if it helps I have asthma and allergies. I have tried once recently to get rid of it by putting some hydrogen peroxide on a Q-Tip and applying it. However, moments later I read that this can be damaging...So overall I am just looking for some feedback and whether I should continue to treat it with Hydrogen Peroxide or try something different... Thanks!

-Ellen (not sure if this is the right place to put this..)

Old 06-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Bump in Nostril

Hi Welcome to the skin problems healthboards some people say one should not wait. The proper professional might be an ENT also called an eye, ear, nose throat Physician. A dermatologist could be seen. There is a potential for it to be a boil or infected hair or infected pimple in my opinion, in addition to the things already listed. If desired one can do a photograph of it and send it as an attachment. A blindfold can be used to hide identity or an envelope held over the eyes as the camera is held in front of the face.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread