It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
(male)

sharris9 HB User
Mole on daughters face

Hi, I'm new to this site and message board, but would really appreciate any help/advice regarding a mole on my daughters face.

She's had a mole on the side of her face since birth. She's now eight years old. It appears to have grown very slightly over the last few years.

Over the past year (since joining a new school), she has been frequently teased and it has really knocked her self confidence to the point where she's starting to dislike school. We are considering seeing if we can get the mole removed, but didn't know if this is an easy or safe procedure.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance, Steve.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jsfai HB User
Re: Mole on daughters face

Hi
Our 9 year old daughter has several small moles on her face. She fortunatly hasent had any teasing (yet) but I expect there will come atime when she may want them removed...
I have had a few moles taken off. It is a safe procedure but I would recommend that you get it done by a plastics specialitst or a dermotologist to avoid unnecessary scarring. But first it might be worth seeing a dermotologist to see if it can be lasered. hope that helps
jsfai

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread