It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
(female)

ariel2345 HB User
Circular Itchy Red Rash on Breast

One morning I woke up after sleeping with my bra on, I don't know if this is connected in any way, but when I woke up I noticed a red circular spot on my breast. The spot was round, red, and itchy. I went to two dermatologists who checked for a fungus, and that came back negative. The first dermatologist prescribed told me I had Pityriasis Rosea and prescribed me Fluticasone Propionate Cream. I was told to apply this twice daily and I did so for about 4 weeks. However, with PR other spots are supposed to show up and I got none. I also used Cortizone 10 in addition. It got worse before it got better, and it seemed to be clearing up. Then, my skin started to get these pimple like things on it and the second dermatologist I saw recommended that I stop all medications. Well I did that for 3 days and this so called rash was back again. It could be because it was really hot at night because when I woke up I noticed it was really inflamed, red and itchy. I tried to use the creams which made it seem like it flared up. So I tried witch hazel which seemed to dry out whatever it was. Now it is still red, and it seems scaly/bumpy to the touch. I'm not sure if it has gotten any bigger. It seemed like dry skin so I've been trying to put a light layer of the fluticasone cream on it and I've also been applying the cortisone in addition. I've seen little improvement. Can anyone please help me? I would love to know what it is and how to treat it. Its been 6 weeks today and the spot is still there. Also I've been trying to refrain from wearing bras. Thank you so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Circular Itchy Red Rash on Breast

Greetings Ariel2345! Welcome to the Skin Problems healthboards! I would keep it dry, get an aloe vera plant split a leaf down the side and put some of the slippery stuff on it though. I would continue to keep the bra off. At night I would expose it to air. In the daytime when no one is home and there is privacy or if there is a lockable room I would pull the blinds and expose it to light and air for as much time as possible. I would keep it as cool as possible. I would avoid sweets. If there is a germ there the sweets will feed it. The tests for fungus are often not that accurate except for the Candida antibody blood titre and by the circular description does sound like fungus in spite of what the doctors said. Sometimes a circular pattern of fungus is called ringworm. It might have a clear skin center later as the inside heals first. In the old days they used to check it under a blacklight and if there was a glow they knew it was fungal. I would try to help others, it may help decrease stress and stress may aggravate skin conditions. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 07-29-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Circular Itchy Red Rash on Breast

It may be fungal, sounds like it, and there are OTC creams like Micatin that I think would be worth a try. They take about 2 weeks to clear up completely, so be diligent about applying and rubbing in twice a day til rash is gone. If it is fungal, the steroids may make it worse if not using an anti fungal with it.

Closed Thread