It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
(male)

peety1 HB User
Question looks like bug bites but cant find any bugs at all!!

we just came back from a trip to texas and after the first night in my room i get two small bug bites really close to each other. the next day i get two more but bigger and on my ankle. then on the third two huge!!! bug bites on my arm. ever scince then for about a week or so ive been getting more and more all over my body and the itchiness is starting to be unbearable. for some reason im the only one in my family to have this problem. i thought that maybe it could be bed bugs in my room, so i took off the covers, did a full examination of the mattress and found nothing, flipped the mattress, and still found nothing. i thought maybe there were mosquitoes in my room but i dont see any and i dont spend a lot of time outside! on a normal day (because im on break from school) i lay on my bed at around 2:00 in the morning and watch a bit of tv, thats when i feel every small bump itch like hell, and when i start to feel new ones. when this starts i get up from my bed check my bed again and my covers, i still cant find anything!!!!!!!!!!! last night drenched myself in bug repellant!!!!!! im getting desperate....

Old 08-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: looks like bug bites but cant find any bugs at all!!

You may have gotten "chiggers" in Texas, and they burrow under the skin, lay eggs and then when you scratch you spread the eggs and new bumps crop up. It is important not to scratch! An antihistamine like Benadryl may help the night itching and help you sleep. To kill the chiggers, you can paint a layer of clear nail polish over each bite and just leave it on. It will smother the chiggers under the skin, but will take several days for the itch and the bite bumps to go away. I hope that helps. It's my best guess without being able to see them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
(male)

peety1 HB User
Re: looks like bug bites but cant find any bugs at all!!

im new to this so is there any where i can put up pictures?

Closed Thread

Tags
bug bites, itchy, red bumps, skin