It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Piano0105 HB UserPiano0105 HB UserPiano0105 HB User
Can't Get Rid of Seb. Dermatitis on Face

I have this condition on my face/neck. I got it about 4 months ago. I've tried every recommended solution without success. I even tried using Head & Shoulders on my face. Does anyone know of anything that might work?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User
Re: Can't Get Rid of Seb. Dermatitis on Face

Sun, Sun, A lot of SUN, (for a while, anyway)

I suffered for 10 years, from severe seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp, and on my forhead and sides of my face. I have FINALLY started spending good amounts of time in the sun, just this summer. This has been the first time I have done that in many, many years.

Not thay I never went into the sun, before, but always was little periods of times, 10 minutes, here and there, maybe once of twice, or at the most, 3 x a month. This summer I have been going to the local pool, staying in the water, (or else the heat would bother me), for a good 90 minutes to an hour!! I appears, (without a doubt), that this was ALL I NEEDED!!

My scalp, and the skin on my face looks and feels so SMOOTH now!! No more sores, scabs, sebum, grittiness on my face and peeling, ozzing, bleeding, (from picking) ... I am amazed, that this was all I needed!!

I will try my best to get on here soon and post my story!!

Get in the sun!! Remember, a GOOD amount, too!! Please, please try it!!

Best of luck!!!

Deda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Piano0105 HB UserPiano0105 HB UserPiano0105 HB User

I have another disorder which prevents me from any sun exposure whatsoever. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. I'll keep searching for something else to try.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

Have you tried T-Gel (Nuetragena?) shampoo, perhaps on your face. Wash your hair with it, then get the foam from your hair, wash your face, and neck with it ... but leave it on for 10 mins, at least. When my son was in high school is when he started getting this, too. That what I did... every 2 weeks, sometimes 3, and it worked very, very well. He had the white flaking, peeling skin. It was thick under his eyebrows. You might want to give it a try. (it is tar shampoo)

Old 10-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

kmk1024 HB User

I used to get seborrheic dermatitis at my hairline around the sides of my face. Fortunately haven't had it for quite awhile now, but when I did, I got a prescription for Triamcinolone cream from the doctor which would clear it right up. I went to a local walk-in clinic to save money since I knew exactly what I wanted (after getting the initial prescription years ago). They are usually staffed by either Nurse Practitioners or Physicians Assistants who are allowed to prescribe-just let them know the problem and that you'd like to try Triamcinolone cream.

Closed Thread