It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 03:29 AM   #1
(female)

ruffoldbird HB User
Thumbs up painful itchy hands and feet

Hi there. Sorry if this question has been posted by others before.
For the past year or so I have been suffering from really itchy feet and hands. It gets so itchy it hurts! Nothing seems to help it. Tried Benadryl, its ok for a very short while but then I get the burning itchiness back. It happens all times of the day or night. In fact it has woken me up on several occasions. I have an under-active thyroid and I take 125mcg of levothyroxine daily. also on meds for high blood pressure and high cholestrol. If anyone can shed any light on this I would be most grateful.
Thanks for reading this post.
Viv x

Old 10-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
(male)

JimB HB User
Re: painful itchy hands and feet

I've had it too for a year or so off and on. It almost seems seasonal. I usually get it in the winter and not in the summer. I'm not on any new meds, so I've ruled that out. There's no visible rash, just the itching and burning, so I don't think it's dermatitis. Blood tests are all normal. I wish I knew what is causing it. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
(female)

laurenceok HB User
Re: painful itchy hands and feet

I used to take 1/2 of the blue pill of Levothyroxine 75, and all my upper body was itchy, called my Dr, said sometimes people are allergic to the blue Dye...so switched me to the 50 and 25 alternating and so far it's all good! no itch!!

Reply Reply