It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
(male)

DenjinZ HB User
Worried about my Mom. Some secondary advice?

My went to an urgent care office yesterday to have a bump on her head looked at. She said that she has had this for around 4-5 months and it gets in the way of her combing her hair, with it bleeding whenever she hits it. She also has complained that it hurts some and that she has been scratching it, which I have told her not to do several times. Here are some pics of it, even though they are not the best shots.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2hq9itj.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2r74nqx.jpg

Basically, the doctor wants my mother to have it removed by seeing a dermatologist or general practitioner and have it sent off and that worries me for obvious reasons. Anyone with any experience with this want to chime in? I know it is silly to ask this and she does intend to see a dermatologist, but I just can't help but worry.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
(male)

dale2035 HB User
Re: Worried about my Mom. Some secondary advice?

Your Mom shows good parenting skills in raising a son to help her sith such problems. That is not automatic.
I had a scalp bump that was slow to heal...and bleed when tissue was removed by me. The bump fit some of the signs they say should cause one to report it to one's P.c. ...was larger than an eraser and had irregular edges. My agreed that it might be cancer...and I should see a dermatologist in his building the same afternoon. She squeezed me into her scheduled appointments and removed it (she removed enough...so that no further surgery would be necessary if the biopsy lab report came back as cancer. It was cancer. But the likelihood of your Mom having cancer does not sound like a worrisome uncertainty. Her doctor thinks it deserves an evaluation. I bet the derm doctor will concur. Her doctor has probably made the referral at the early stage of any malignancy. The only thing that she needs to worry about it....what might develop ....if she continues to do nothing further but worry. Skin cancer detected early, I have heard, is one of the best cancers to have...if one has to have any cancer. Your Mom has made a good start in talking with her doctor...and with you... and you with this board. This board has been very helpful to me on a different board. You will get some good ideas here (I did not look at the pictures...and have no medical training...just a patient).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
(male)

DenjinZ HB User
Re: Worried about my Mom. Some secondary advice?

An update to this almost month old topic, but I thought I should share the good news. She had the bump on her head removed and two other odd spots I was worried about, and the biopsy results on all of them came back. I'm so happy that she's going to be fine.

Closed Thread