It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
(female)

ashlee095 HB User
need dry skin help!

Hi I'm not sure where to post this. I'm 20 years old, female. I use to deal with acne but now I just have the occasional pimple here and there. But for years I have had dry skin on my nose and upper and mid cheeks. Its not crazy dry but enough to notice especially when I wear makeup. I have tried everything and nothing seems to help. What could be causing it not to respond to gentle cleansers and dry skin creams? I just want my face smooth. My skin is also oily so I have to wear oil control makeup. Any advice or answers from someone would be awesome!

Old 09-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: need dry skin help!

Greetings, I am a bit perplexed at both dry and oily skin but I know I would not apply any makeup as this blocks pores and I would use no soap at all on it to avoid dryness. If the skin is dirty then I would use the olive oil soap if skin is dry or at least a natural soap if oily. Most soaps seem to dry skin out. If the skin is extremely oily I might also try using less oil in the diet. If too dry a bit more oil in the diet with corresponding fruits and vegetables to provide enymes for digesting the oil in the first place. Digested oil comes out a bit on the skin. If there are still difficulties the digestive system might be worked on with foods that benefit it because it needs to be in good shape. Sugar should be avoided also as sometimes this feeds bacteria that form pimples. An overabundance of oil sometimes also makes pimples. Also health measures such as walking in sunshine and fresh air, 8 hours of proper sleep and or rest. Plenty of drinking water to the tune of 50 ounces for every 100 pounds of body weight at least is also useful. I would avoid chemical substances food additives, alcohol and other substances which are not healthful to the body. Peace, sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread