It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
(male)

hgugo HB User
cellulitis? small bump underneath

Hi I am a 28 year old male, I am not sexually active and I took a shower today and noticed a 0.5” x 1.0” spot that I thought was a black and blue, but now believe is a staph infection (from cellulitis) since it seems to be more brownish then a black and blue color. It is located on my lower abs, about an inch below my waste line in the middle of my body, slightly centered to my right side. When I press on it firmly I think I can feel like a tiny knot underneath, I would say half or even quarter of the size of a pea.

I had cellulitis about 1.5 weeks ago in my two lower legs from my mid calf to my anchles. One week after being on antibiotics the inflimation was down and the dark red spots turned from red to dark brown (nearly the same color as this spot). Then after taking antibiotics for 7 days I started to break out in hives (alltho that day I accidentally took an extra dose of the antibiotic I believe so maybe thats what triggered hives?). Anyways I called the doc and he said since the infection is going down and is nearly gone I dont need any more antibiotics so I can just stop. Sure enough after stopping the hives stopped 24 hrs later. So I been off the meds for about 5 or 6 days now and all the sudden tonight I noticed this spot on my lower abs. Like I said I originally posted here thinking it was a black and blue but edited my original post here cus after thinking about it I realized its nearly the same color and size as the mark I had on my leg, so then I realized it may be cellulitis. Also if it was black and blue it would hurt I would think, this does not hurt, just bothered me a bit when I put pressure on it but if I dont touch it I feel no pain.

So does this sound like a general staph infection? I am only a bit concerned now cus of the small bump under my lower abs, right under the 0.5" x 1.0" spot. But then again I know cellulitis causes swelling of skin, so maybe thats just the swelling that I am feeling?

I started the antibiotics up again tonight, just to try to get rid of it quicker. Does that sound like the smart thing to do? Should I be worried about the small bump under the infection?

Last edited by hgugo; 10-01-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread