It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
(female)

JosieLane HB User
Can someone help me figure out this mystery rash, please?

This is so weird and confusing ..

This morning, I found an itchy rash on my left arm (no where else). It's like hundreds of little red bumps. So, I washed up and put on a clean shirt. NO new soaps or detergents (I use free-and-clear anyway). Also no lotions or perfumes or anything either.

It seemed to be going away.

Just now, however, it's back!! And again, only on my left arm (to be specific, underside of my forearm). Same spot, nowhere else.

I've asked on other boards, but everyone just shouts "change your laundry detergent!!". But, that doesn't make sense to me: for one, I've used the same detergent for years, and two, why would the rash be appearing in just this one spot? Another person said it could be bug bites. But again, that doesn't seem too plausible. I'd have to believe there is some tiny bug inside my house (haven't been outside today) or fleas (I don't have pets) that has crawled up my left sleeve and bit me hundreds of times ... TWICE??

So any help? Anyone know about localized rashes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Can someone help me figure out this mystery rash, please?

If they are the size of pin heads and purplish red, it may be a purpuric rash. I would get it looked at and you may need a platelet count done if it looks like purpura to the Dr. Have you been taking a lot of aspirin or ibuprofen, naproxen etc?

Last edited by ladybud; 11-10-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: question added

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
(female)

JosieLane HB User

No, I haven't taken any meds or anything. No new foods, either. I guess I figured it is an external thing because it's localized to this one area.

ETA - I looked up purpuric rash and it definitely doesn't look like that.

What I have are like tiny little hives. They actually DO look and feel like flea bites. Hundreds of them!! But, as I said before, it's hard to believe that that's what this is.

Last edited by JosieLane; 11-10-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

could be contact dermatitis you could try some hydrocortisone cream on it. if you go to the dr. they would probably give you some prednisone to take to calm it down. Cathy

Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
(female)

JosieLane HB User

I have been using hydrocortisone, for the itch. I just want to know what's causing it. It went away last night, again, not too long after I posted. Today, I'm wearing a tee-shirt all day, so that nothing touches that area; not even fabric. And I'm going to see if it comes back.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
(female)

5alive HB User5alive HB User5alive HB User
Wink Re: Can someone help me figure out this mystery rash, please?

i started with somewhat the same thing on my right arm it started a itchy rash
i can only tell you all i did.the more i scratched the worse it got.after a bath one day they were full of pus a few,so i went to reg doc.i had it in my head paracites,scabies i freaked myone self out .1. a srong cream and a fungis hairwash.2.it was worse after 3 antibiotics and bacteria cream.nada

benedriyl cream,only showers.i sat in different chairs at home,oh,also calamine lotion and dried it enough for now.i have multiple sclerosis.doc feels allergy was what caused it.he wanted me to go to a skin doc.i can't afford it.
it's costing me an arm and leg in medical bills(lets hope it's not the rash right arm)

Last edited by 5alive; 11-13-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: ad a word

Old 11-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
(female)

5alive HB User5alive HB User5alive HB User

oh boy i still have mine getting worse.i'll see how it is in the morn. how is yours?

Old 11-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
(female)

JosieLane HB User

Since I posted last, it hasn't really come back. I got maybe one or two small "hives" (or whatever they were).

I did find out though, that I have a BAD sensitivity to our water (we have really, really hard water). So, we're getting a water softener soon. Can't wait to see if this takes care of it all!

Reply Reply