It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
(male)

Deviatorz HB User
Problems with studying

I'm a 23 year old male. Right now I am still in university. I am currently taking a year off because I have developed a serious case of atopic dermatitis (eczema) + purigo nodularis which has manifested all over my body, but I am not here to talk about that.

My issue is, whenever I study I always have the bad habit of scratching my head. I don't scratch my self that often when I'm not studying, but whenever I start reading my textbook my head starts getting itchy. Sometimes it feels like a small needle *****ing my scalp or it may just be an itchy sensation and of course I can't help but scratch it. I do have a very oily scalp so I am able to scratch off loads of dandruff. I do it enough so that it pile it all over my book. I actually feel that by doing this, I accomplished something; I feel like I've cleanse my had of more dandruff. Usually I would gather the "remains" into a clump and stare a them. This has become a game/task I enjoy doing. I have used anti danfruff shampoo and take baths regularly, but antidandruff shampoos irritates the crap out of my face so I use normal shampoo.

I've always had this issue and now it's somewhat worse where it itches all over my body. Sometimes it even hurt as if the needle is poking me harder. I believe this is due to me being anxious and stressed out while studying. Most of the time when I am study-itching, its usually where my purigo is (the ezcema). Now I know what you're thinking that this is all caused by my eczema/PN, and you may be right. But I've only had my skin problem for less than a year. However, I have been scratching my scalp while studying ever since highschool when I didn't have eczema.

It's true that I don't really enjoy studying. In a way I guess I am forcing myself to study, but I do want to get somewhere in life. The problem with scratching is that it DOES bother me while studying. I am not able to concentrate fully and I get tired really fast from scratching making is even harder for me to study. I do believe this is a psychological issue and my doctor told its an brain effect. So I am seeking your advice on how I can bring myself to not itch and to be able to concentrate while studying. Please, any help is appreciated as my future is in stake. Thanks in advanced!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply