It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2002, 11:43 AM   #1

Chris611 HB User
Question Dry spots on hands?

I have been getting dry spots on my hands for a couple years now. They start out all of the sudden as dry(white) patchs of skin about the diameter of a pencil. They just flake off and the dry/dead skin area gets larger. Just the edges where the top layer of skin and the second layer of skin are becomes dry and it flakes off getting larger and larger. Eventually it stops and heals. Sometimes my thumbs will get so bad that they crack and are very painful. Lotions seem to help some. Escpecially if I really put them on heavy and then goto bed. When I wake up the hands look alot better, but within a couple hours they are back to pealing again. Is this a vitamin deficiency? I have seen a derm., and they gave me some cream and oils, but they didn't do much. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am 27 years old and have no other health problems.

Thanks
Chris

Old 09-07-2006, 02:01 AM   #2
(male)

KD7LRI HB User
Re: Dry spots on hands?

Finaly someone else with the same problem... I have tried the lotions and even got desperate and tried to soak it in alchahol and really hot water and then scrub it off(painfull but next day it was pretty much gone). Just keeps comming and going. Have noticed its more so around this time of year but cant figure out why. Also, I have the same thing on the bottom of my feet. It looks worse cause its a larger area but its about the same. Also its on both of my feet but only on my right hand. Only once has it been on my left and that was for like a day. Dont know if this helps... Going to go see my doctor about it in a couple days as its starting to get really painfull(frst time i saw him he gave me a lotion that worked great for my feet but did nothing for my hands). Maybe someone else out there has a clue whats going on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2006, 02:02 AM   #3
(male)

KD7LRI HB User
Re: Dry spots on hands?

lol replied to a 4 year old post :\ well atleast itl get bumped now and maybe someone can help me!

Closed Thread