It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
(female)

KM1432 HB User
perioral dermatitis

I have battled PD for over ten years. †Doctors seem to only make the problem worse or at best keep it slightly at bay for a little while but it always comes back. The ONLY TREATMENT THAT HAS WORKED FOR ME IS THE FOLLOWING:

Stop using all skin creams, topical steroids, cortisone cream, cleansers, toners, serums, scrubs, lip gloss, lip balm, lipstick, sunscreen, toothpaste, gum, mints and makeup.

Wash your face with Cetaphyl liquid cleanser and warm water (not hot, not cold) gently exfoliate with a soft cloth when needed - preferably after the redness subsides
Use Organic Coconut Oil (used for cooking) as a moisturizer. I have breakout prone oily skin, do not be afraid of putting oil on your face - it miraculously made my skin LESS oily. Blackheads & pimples, GONE.
Use Burt's Beeswax lip balm on your lips as needed
Use toddler toothpaste - one that does not contain fluoride or sodium laurel sulphate

If make up must be worn, use bare minerals powder only when absolutely necessary. Remove as soon as possible.

Take anti yeast pills (AZO makes the one I use but all vitamin stores carry some version). If you don't already, start taking a probiotic and a multivitamin. Stop smoking and stop drinking alcohol. Keep caffeine to a minimum. Eat more green vegetables, preferably raw. Drink more water. TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY NATURALLY. It seems to me that PD is caused by a reaction to a combination of toxins and chemicals we put in and on our bodies. Remove the chemicals and it goes away.

This regimen has never taken more than five days to work. †80% improvement in two.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply