It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2002, 09:51 PM   #1

depressedme HB User
Post Why does my body get itchy when i am hot?

my face and body gets itchy when i get hot or nurvous. why is that? Can anyone relate? what can i do about it?

Old 02-08-2002, 08:22 AM   #2

depressedme HB User
someone reply!

The Following User Says Thank You to depressedme For This Useful Post:
ffal139 (01-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2002, 03:08 PM   #3
(female)

Smiles4U HB User
Hi I can kinda elate to yu i dn knowf this what you are talng about,but i will give it a whirl
Whenever i used to get real hot when i was young in gym calss andstuff my skin used to itch too..kinda like i am allergic to my own sweat. It got so annoying i would try not to do anything that would make me sweat...even now i cant think of the last time i went to go work out or anything because i didnt like that feeling. If this is what yo are talking about you are not alone..although i cant help you and tell u what it is i can say i itch too
Hope that helped a lil
Jen

Old 04-16-2002, 12:58 PM   #4
Inactive

Lil_Bit HB User
I often wondered why after a workout, a bike ride, sunning, or even just an overly hot shower, my body itches tremendously. After the shower it is my chest that usually itches,, and after a workout, and bike rides, it is usually my legs majorly and slightly my scalp. I have long been told that it is the toxins being released thru your pores,,,,,and Ive also been told that it is nothing more that your nerve endings being more stimulated.

Old 04-26-2002, 05:58 PM   #5

barefootjan HB User
*****ly heat?

Old 05-01-2002, 09:09 PM   #6
Inactive

hardcoredummy HB User
It's the heat trying to escape from your body, but your pores aren't fully opening for it to sweat out. If i'm correct, you only get itchy at the point just before you fully break out into a sweat... but once you do, you don't itch, right? If that's the case, then this is the reason.

Cause and treatment? I have no idea. Just try breaking into a sweat or cooling yourself down asap. Might be some sort of vitamin deficiency. I haven't had this problem in about 10 years (when i was a teen i did), but i once did (and i use to hardly ever perspire).

Old 05-04-2002, 06:03 AM   #7
Inactive

nicola76 HB User
Question

Heat rash maybe??

Old 05-04-2002, 06:45 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Wink

the blood rushes to the surface to cool down

Old 05-08-2002, 01:23 PM   #9

jorgedubya HB User
Thumbs up

I know what you are all talking about and I know how to solve the problem because I used to have it. By the grace of god I was given the answer. Put a heater and a small humidifier in your bedroom. Warm up the temperature in your room when you sleep and make it humid. For a week or so it might hurt but once your pores open up from the humidity your problem will be solved forever. Try to keep warm after the problem goes away or it will come back.

Old 01-06-2003, 08:41 PM   #10

cali99boy HB User
I have this same problem right now.

Its mainly my face that gets itchy and red when its hot/humid outside or when I get nervous/embarassed. My face feels a lot better when its cold/cool, but when its hot, its starts to itch.

If I get a heater and humidifier, wouldn't that just make it itch more?

Old 11-29-2003, 08:30 AM   #11
Inactive

satty1 HB User
Re: Why does my body get itchy when i am hot?

Right i'm gonna try it jorgedubya coz im at the stage where i've had enough of my doc saying sorry theres nothing i can do. So i'll keep you all posted and tell u how it goes. How long did it take jorgedubya, i'll try 4 weeks to see.

Old 11-30-2003, 06:26 PM   #12
Veteran

wattagirl HB User

i have always wondered about this-i usually don't sweat so i thought it was probably because of that reason-i can remember going to the lake and getting so hot-and my back would itch so bad-and i mean bad-i would take a towel and rub it until my skin was red-i quit going to the lake because of it-i just don't sweat like other people-could this have something to do with it

Old 12-01-2003, 06:38 AM   #13
Inactive

satty1 HB User

i think to be sure try doing some really hard exercise like a long run, what often happens with me is i'm fine for about 5 minutes then i'll start getting all itchy but if i run through it after another 5 minutes and when im sweating alot i dont itch. However what really annoy me is if i get suddenly hot, like if i walk into a hot place i'll just start itching. Anyway been 2 days with the whole humid thingy, and basically i cant really sleep coz i keep itching i hope this works.

Old 12-09-2003, 03:29 AM   #14
Inactive

rianny HB User

I have very similar symtom.
But, isn't the first sensation, when it comes, *****ly feeling rather than itchy? For me, it's *****ly first time, and it becomes itchy. It happens very quickly and very *****ly...like pocking the skin with a needle.

The place it happens is usually my back and chest. Sometimes, my face. I found that it gets worse when I'm warm or hot. So, heater or hot water shower makes it worse. I searched internet, and I found out something similar. It's a rare form of hives "cholinergic urticaria" Doctors say it's not really as serious as allergy; just annoying.

But, I'm not sure if this is what I have since I really don't get any red spots when this occurs...maybe I should try getting excessive sweat, as the pre-poster here mentioned.

Old 12-09-2003, 04:06 AM   #15
Inactive

satty1 HB User

Yes rianny this is what happens to me, the *****ly thing and my doc said the same thing to me....how annoying is that. I mean its serious because once it happened while i was driving which is really dangerous thankfully i was able to pull over but i drive with the window open all the time now. But so far i dont know if the humid thing is working but its hell getting to sleep in that atmosphere. Will keep you all up to date.

Closed Thread