It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2000, 07:29 PM   #1
(female)

SabresLover81 HB User
Smile Dry and Cracked Skin, near nose

Hey everyone i'm having a serious problem and was hoping maybe someone else had this problem and could give me some advice. On the skin on the side of my bridge in my nose I always get dry and cracked skin on the right, its driving me nuts! It can't be from the weather because i live in florida and nothing gets chapped. I do wear glasses and thought maybe it was from the padding on it so i'm cleaning it constantly. When it gets really red it itches horribly. Sometimes it spreads and makes like a faint ring around my eye, its horrible! I'm open to any advice at all! Usually i just use some diaper rash and it lightens in a couple days but never fully goes away! Please Help! Thanks for reading!

Old 12-29-2000, 11:16 AM   #2

Moon HB User
I know a case, where someone had recurring (really recurring) red flaky spots on either side of the nose, forehead, and sometimes inside the nostrils and under the moustache.

After years of visiting the dermatologists, and being told it was seborheic dermititis?, finally they went to a dermatologist that said: " I don't know it is! but, if you put this cream on it (NIZORAL cream) it will go away in a few days.

They tried it and it worked.

It turns out, the doctor could not tell them what it was, but he did tell them what it wasn't. It wasn't lupus, herpes, or anything he knew about. Also he told them this cream (also comes as a shampoo) works for things like fungus, by restricting the blood flow to the area.

This person noticed that the spots would be different degrees of bright red and different sizes. Also they would start out raw and then would get a crusty covering. Sometimes it would be in their hair too. Some doctors even suggested using over the counter dandruff shampoos on the hair and face to see if it would make it any better. Others suggested using cortizone creams which only made it better for a short period.

Finally this person put it all toghether. There was certain things that they ate that would cause the redning and burning in the face within 20 minutes of eating the offending item. The list for them (may be different for you): Any type of preserved meat that has a preservative called sodium nitrite, items containing artificial barbecue flavor, some types of hot sause, bacon, some alcoholic beverages, some creams, some cleaning supplies (comming in contact with the hands). The list in not really large but after a while they learned if they stayed away from certain things the spots would go away and stay away. When they come back accidentally they use the cream and the shampoo.

Something else they found out was, you have to be carefull witht the shampoos you do use and the soaps and colognes or perfumes.

This person uses prell for the shampoo (not pert) and Zest soap for the body.

In their oppininon the problem they had (and occasionally reccurs) is due to something they eat. Example; They eat bacon on monday morning, 20 minutes later they have a burning sensation on the sides of the nose or other usual spots on the face (only on the face never on any other part of the body) this will last several days going from a light redness to a full blown, burning itching spot with a white crust. Once they know they have eaten an offending substance (which they avoid like the plague) they have found if they take a mild laxative (to clear out the pipes) it shortens the duration of the offending substance in the intestine. This along with the cream will usually shorten the spot from one to two weeks to two or three days.

The Nizoral cream is used several times a day and the shampoo is used at first for 20 to 30 days.

This stuff is prescription. Good luck with it and let me know if any of this sounds familiar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2003, 11:11 PM   #3
(male)

shs HB User
SabresLover81,

Regarding the Dry and Cracked Skin near nose, well I had dry and little bit somewhat cracked skin on my back recently, I did not know why. I thought it would go away, but it did not. My instinct was to clean by body better by taking longer showers with hot water and soap.

At the same time, my mother was having sever skin rash problems and insisted in going to see a doctor (a blood doctor or dermatologist).

The doctor, a dermatologist or a blood doctor, told my mother not to take to many showers and not to use hot water when taking a shower. This was completely opposite to what what I would have thought. My mother told me this, and I took showers with warm waters and no soap or shampoo, and the skin dryness (with flakes) in my back went away.

shs

Closed Thread