It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2002, 10:01 AM   #1

Jose17 HB User
Post cold red blotchy hands, skin discoloration...help!

Im a 17 year old male and about 1 year ago I have been having these symptoms:

- Cold hands and feet, even when its hot outside.
- Red blotchy hands (hurts a little too) in the cold and in rooms with AC.
- Hands get all blotchy red when im just walking and they are hanging at my side, have to constantly rub them for keep natural color. Also right now when im typing this message I have to constantly rub my hands because they are getting all red and cold.
- Skin discoloration in my all extremities. Hands, arms, legs and feet are white and pale. Under some lights it looks like skin is getting a bit blue or grey.
- Cant tan anymore. I used to have a normal skin and would tan nicely, but now it doesnt.

First I thought that my skin discoloration was because I didnt spend too much time in the sun, I've been using the PC too much and have been sitting for long periods of time. I did some research and found this page:
[url="http://www.internetpharmacyservices.com/healthcontentpharm/ailmentsanddiseases/circulation_problems.htm"]http://www.internetpharmacyservices.com/healthcontentpharm/ailmentsanddiseases/circulation_problems.htm[/url]

Somewhere in the article it says, that sitting for long periods of time may cause these circulatory problems and that also can cause skin discoloration.

Im writing to the board to see if anyone has had this symptoms before and found a cause. Also to know if Circulatory Problems can actually cause someone to start getting paler and whiter. Oh and the first time I started feeling cold hands was when I was playing computer games for long periods of time, only used to happen there but now I get cold and red hands ALL the time, doesnt matter if its cold or hot.

Jose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2002, 04:12 PM   #2

genom HB User
Hey man, I feel your pain. I have this same problem. My doctor mentioned Raynaud's Phenomenon. Not sure if it's what I got. My skin tends to turn more blue than red though.

Old 12-16-2002, 09:11 AM   #3

Jose17 HB User
Thanks for the info, i did some research on Raynaud's Phenomenon and that is exactly what I got.

Old 02-11-2003, 05:42 PM   #4

genom HB User
Have you found out anything that helps for this? It's really getting annoying. Thanks man.

Old 02-12-2003, 02:08 PM   #5
Veteran

Anonymity HB User
Try doing a search on the boards and on the internet for Raynaud's Syndrome. It's a condition that causes extremely cold hands and feet. It's fairly harmless, but it causes extremely cold hands and feet that blanch easily. I think there are some treatments, such as iron supplements, that can often help. My fiance has it, and he's fine. Try mentioning it to your family doctor; he/she may have some information and tips for you. My fiance concentrates on never letting his hands get cold. Wear gloves, even when reaching into the freezer. Make sure you have warm gloves with thinsulate, or something similar, every time you go outside. Even in the summer, keep a pair of thin cotton gloves (like the kind women sleep in with moisturizer to soften their hands) in your purse or glove compartment in case your hands get cold (like in the movie theater, for instance). Try to never wash your hands in cold water, use lukewarm or warm. Keep your hands well moisturized. Beyond that, you'll have to see the doctor. I guess it's not all that uncommon, so the family doctor should be able to help you out! I would also recommend that you post on the Skin, Hair, & Nails board, as I have seen posts regarding Raynaud's Syndrome and similar problems on that board. Persons on that board can also give you good tips on how to keep your hands better moisturized.
Good luck!

Closed Thread