It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2003, 11:28 AM   #1
(female)

woodahs HB User
Post Flax Seed Oil good for eczema?

I've had eczema pratically since I was born. I have it on my right hand only (which is an enormous problem since I am right-handed). I REALLY want to get rid of this horrible aggravation.

I recently read somewhere that Flax Seed Oil is good for this. I don't want to go to the doctor (he's not any good) but if I have to I will. I am currently using Alpharma Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment USP, 0.1% which takes the edge off of it, but it doesn't make it go away. I have found that using a heated rice pack helps me a lot when my eczema becomes very bad.

Can anyone help me please?

Old 03-22-2003, 12:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Unfortunately, excema never "goes away" -- the most you can hope for it to keep it under control. Flax seed oil is reputed to be pretty good for exccema, but I have read that the effects of jojoba oil are much better for excema and some cases of psoriasis. You should be able to purchase it at your local health food store. You may also want to mix the jojoba oil with vitamin E oil for its anti-aging and healing benefits. Not saying that it will "heal" the excema, but it might do it more good than not. Mix 4oz jojoba with 1oz vitamin E.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2003, 03:57 PM   #3

miss acne HB User
de. sear pharmacuetical fish oil keeps eczema at bay. It makes my skin super soft...no i don't have eczema ,but my daughter does and i give her some of the fish oil. It worls well for her

Old 03-23-2003, 06:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Jojoba Oil works in the same maner as the fish oil, but without any residual 'smell'.

Old 03-23-2003, 03:17 PM   #5

miss acne HB User
marti, you take fish oil by mouth. Jojoba oil is great when used topically,but fish oil works from the inside out!

Old 03-23-2003, 04:52 PM   #6
(female)

woodahs HB User
Thanks for all the input. I have 100 softgels of Vitamin E that says it is 400 I.U. (no clue what that means). I take 1 everyday. I will try to purchase a bottle of Jojoba Oil tomorrow. Will it be safe to take one pill of both everyday? Thanks again for the feedback

Closed Thread