It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
(female)

McSugar HB User
New Acne Problems?

I am currently 21 years old. I had acne for a brief period when I was 12-13, but that passed and I never had any serious acne again besides some occasional pimples. I was also on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo birth control on and off for the last 3 years. However, for the last 9 months or so, I've constantly had some serious outbreaks everywhere on my face which I never did before, at least not this serious to an extend it'd leave scars. I've tried to get on the same birth control again, but it does nothing to my skin. I don't think my diet has changed much, either. A friend of mine suggested that it was probably stress and the lack of sleep, since my breakout only started when my ex-boyfriend broke up with me and they never left, but I don't think that is the case. At this point, I am very frustrated because I don't know what really happens with my hormones, but this is really affecting my self-esteem because I never had any significant acne problems before. I've tried countless drugs/creams but they always seemed to dry my skin out further and aggravated the issue.

I suppose this could be a liver problem; maybe my body doesn't dispose of the toxins well and I should try to up my Vitamin D and E intake. What do you think? I guess, what I mean to ask is, have you had acne before, and how did you "cure" it? Any remedies, drugs/creams, tips, and also how to fade acne scarring? I have very dry/sensitive skin for that matter. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply