It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2003, 01:38 PM   #1
maude&bandit

Question little red marks from broken blood vessels all over my body.

I am a woman. As I get older I keep getting these little pinpoint blood things all over my body. I tried to pick one and it bled profusely. It never returned to normal--just looks like it did before. Is there a remedy for these . What causes them???? Are they dangerous????

Old 02-28-2003, 02:03 PM   #2

rushrulz HB User
Ooh, sounds like what I have--capillary hemangiomas (benign tumors of the capillaries; I think new capillaries start to grow unnecessarily, and they form a little clot). Children get larger ones as birthmarks--strawberry hemangiomas.

Mine are only on my hands, though. I have one "big" one on the back of my right hand, slightly raised with a sort of red area around it. I get new ones occasionally, very tiny.

Oddly enough, they don't want to bleed so much. The big one once got more raised and dry, kind of like it wanted to come off, so I picked at it, thinking it'd let out all that blood. No such luck; I think there was one drop. I told the doctor I'd done this, and it was one of the only times that I didn't get scolded when I told a doctor I'd picked at something! Her eyebrows raised and she asked if it bled a lot.

Anyway, they're harmless. I don't know if anything can be done about them cosmetically.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2003, 08:20 PM   #3

superfly2658 HB User
I had many of those red things all over my chest and back and I had them lasered off. It got rid of them really well.

Old 03-01-2003, 05:39 PM   #4
Inactive

LookingForHealth HB User
sorry for my ignorance but my esthetician said those can be caused by extreme water temps like hot hot showers or cold.

Old 03-01-2003, 08:01 PM   #5
Veteran

wattagirl HB User
i have these lttle red things all over my chest and arms-but they aren't raised-you can't feel them at all-is this the same thing-it looks awful and i would love to have something done about them

Old 03-03-2003, 10:02 AM   #6

^^MachizCRC^^ HB User
BUMP! I'd sure be glad if some one could help us here... I have like 3 or 4 of those on my face and a few others on my body...

Old 03-03-2003, 11:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

yellowroselisa HB User
are these bumps or little spider veins?

Old 03-03-2003, 12:18 PM   #8
maude&bandit

These little pin head size red marks are filled with blood. I have them mainly on my torso and a few on my arms and legs. I was just told by someone they are from getting older. I am only in my early 50's/

Old 03-31-2003, 04:25 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
I have those too. They are slightly raised red mole like things, some smaller, some bigger and are called cherry angiomas which people normally get after approximately 30 years of age and are mostly found on the trunk of the body. You can find lots of information on the net. They are harmless. I went into a panic before i knew what they were and wondered where these things were coming from. People would tell me it was broken capillaries, zinc deficiency etc etc, but it's something you can't control, they just happen.

Old 04-04-2003, 06:43 PM   #10
(female)

kjlm1971 HB User
I have about 100 all over my body but especially on my arms and chest, I have had them since I can remember ( I was 4-5 years old) My children have them. Today I had about 60 of them treated with a laser, depending on when I can get time off from work I will have the rest taken care of. I only had my neck, chest and arms done. I know of no cause other than heredity (my mom and sister had them when they were younger)

Old 04-05-2003, 08:27 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

GinaLee HB User
Lightbulb

It's called Petechiae or Petichiae. The cause can be a result of various reasons. Look it up on the web or talk to your doctor.

Pronounced: Puh-teek-e-eye

------------------
Gina

[This message has been edited by GinaLee (edited 04-05-2003).]

Old 04-07-2003, 07:54 PM   #12
Veteran

wattagirl HB User
kjlm-do you mind me asking the cost of this procedure-and does insurance cover something like this

Old 04-08-2003, 08:49 PM   #13
(female)

kjlm1971 HB User
Whatagirl-- I don't mind your asking at all! I was going to have my derm do it to the tune of $750, but wasn't able to get an appointment quickly so I went to a PS (I thought it would cost more...a lot more)

It was $100. I will have a second treatment, my face is pretty broken out and he wouldn't treat it in that condition, so when I clear up I will go in again and have the rest done and any others that may need to be retreated!

I am still healing (I look like I was tortured with a cigarette!)

Closed Thread