It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2003, 07:55 PM   #1

scudboy HB User
Unhappy Need help getting red/pink scar off face!!!

I used Herb-T to get this mole out of my face. It left a reddish scar on my face. The scar changes color from light pink to red depedning on how long ago i took my shower.

what is the BEST product or way to get rid of this scar? its been almost a year since I got this scar and it still seem fresh and unriped.

any suggestions is GREATLY appreciated cause I am mad frustrated with this large red spot on my face!

Old 04-14-2003, 06:24 AM   #2

scudboy HB User
any help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2003, 06:56 PM   #3
(male)

Kielbasa HB User
Question

I'm no help on how to get rid of the scar ... sorry. Mine slowly fade with time. There are some topical cremes that are supposed to fade scars ... like ScarFade or Mederma ... but I haven't used any of them.

What is Herb-T and how did you use it to get rid of a mole? I've never heard of it ... I thought the only way to remove a mole was by cutting it out or with lasers.

Old 04-14-2003, 09:24 PM   #4

CrazyJoe HB User
You might wanna look at the CP Serum/ Exfol Serum from SkinBiology. I had a large indented scar on my cheek from cytsic acne about 10 months ago, its still there but for the past 3-4 months I have been using this stuff and its fading alot faster, It used to be real bad but its getting to the unnoticeable stage now.

Phew, when I think back I thought this scar would never fade, but It is and I am truly happy because it was a rather large almost disfiguring scar.

The exfol serum goes on during the day and it exfoliates the skin cells, then the Copper Peptide serum goes on overnight, and it rebuilds the skin cells that have been exfoliated. It makes the scar less red, alot smoother and ALOT more unnoticeable.

Old 04-17-2003, 11:27 AM   #5

scudboy HB User
thanks crazy jow. i just bought some of the CP serum and Exfol out of desperation. but i'm always partial on exfol cause it thins your skin up. thus causes it to be weaker and less resistant to the sun, pollutants, etc, right? I almost always get new freckles when i use exfoliants. does this Serum or exfol do this to u? my face also gets irritated after using a exfol for a week.

Old 04-17-2003, 03:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rita HB User
The kind of scar that is still red after a year is not something that will go away by itself. Is the scar indented at all (lower in surface from surrounding skin)? In that case, what you may be seeing is blood vesels since part of your skin layer had been taken off. This type of scarring is almost impossible to get rid of and no cream will make it any better. If the scar in not indented then there is hope. I would advise consulting a dermatologist and see what he/she suggests.

Old 04-17-2003, 09:34 PM   #7

CrazyJoe HB User
The Cp Serum/Exfol serum gently works the scar tissue in a cycle over and over again everyday, they say it takes 3 weeks to notice results but it takes longer than that for sure, I have used it for 3 months and its still got a ways to go before its gone. The redness is almost out but the indent is there but its coming out more and more everyday.

I tried Syprex cream/sheets, other blemish/scar products but I will never buy anything again besides the CP Exfol serum combo, it works, not magically, Extremely quickly or anything but it works.

Its a gradual breakdown of teh scar tissue and regeneration, I have a smal bottle and after treating scars for 3-4 month I have 80% of it left, great product, great deal, just gotta use it alot, every day and wait for results maybe 1 month maybe 6 months before the scar is gone.

I do have some scars that it hasnt done a thing for, the permanent indents from cystic acne, I have 3 large ones so I gotta go get surgery for them.

anyway good luck

Old 04-18-2003, 09:54 AM   #8

scudboy HB User
thanks crazy joe. i'll be getting my CP Serum and Exfol on saturday or monday. I'll give it a try. Good thing is its not indented. so i guess there's hope. its really mad frustrating.

do u know if the CP serum would get rid of hyperpigmentations like freckles, moles, etc.?

Closed Thread