It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2003, 06:28 PM   #1

RockFreak HB User
Question Overnight face creams?

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a really good overnight facial cream/lotion to keep my skin moisturized and smooth? Nothing greasy or oily, I want something natural. Thanks!!

Old 04-29-2003, 05:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB UserMarti HB User
Lotion and creams cannot penetrate into the skin and will only sit on the surface and condition the cells that would normally be sloughed off during normal facial washing. To really conditon and moisturize the skin, one needs to use a product that contains jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is the only thing with a small enough molecular structure to penetrate the surface layer of the skin, open up the pores and draw the other conditioning, moisturizing and healing oils in after it. For well over 15 years, I have been using a mixture of jojoba oil, sweet almond oil and vitamin E oils to moisturize and condition my skin. the addition of the vitamin E oil helps to alleviate the free-radical molecules that lead to wrinkles and pre-mature aging.

You can mix your own oils in different combinations. I use 4oz. jojoba oil mixed with 1oz vitamin E for my face. I mix 2oz jojoba, 2oz sweet almond oil and 1oz vitamin E for the rest of my skin. You will only feel 'greasy' if you use too much, but the jojoba will help the other more 'oily' oils to soak deep into the skin, so the 'oily' effect doesn't last very long - usually just 10-15 minutes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread