It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2003, 04:42 AM   #1

Claudia Wolf HB User
Post itchy rash all over body

My husband has an itchy rash all over his body. No doctors have been able to dianose or relieve the itch. He scratches contiuously. His hands are swollen. He has some areas with pimple like bumps, but this could be from the creams. He was tested and does have some allergies, none of which would account for the original rash. There is a small white chain like shape under his skin, and the hair on his skin seems to be lessening. There is a small bumpy rash all over neck, arms, stomach, back of knees and groin area. Can anyone help? where can we go for an undiagnosed diease or syndrome? No one has given us anything to go on and he has had this for 8 months.
C.

Old 04-22-2003, 05:11 PM   #2
(female)

josecori HB User
Smile

Hi
Has he been to a dermotologist?
If not, GO!
As for any thoughts(non MD), I have 2.
1. Stress...if he's under tremendous stress, and he might not realize it, that could be causing it. Stress is a very strange, very powerfull thing. Maybe look into seeing a psychologist or therapist if you think thats why he's breaking out.
2. Allergic reaction...New detergent, new bath soap, new shampoo, or possibly a food. Allergies can come & go thru out your life. Maybe look into getting that ole allergy test updated.
Hope I was able to help a bit.
Thanks & Goodluck
Corissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2003, 11:34 AM   #3

tc128 HB User
One of the first things to do is to stop scratching. easier said than done. Scratching promotes more rashes, which in turn makes it more itchy and you tend to scratch more, which in turn promotes more rashes. You get the idea...

Sometimes the scratching is done spontaneously, without you even noticing that you are doing it. It could be due to just being nervous, or could be something more. There is a skin disease known as neurodermatitis. I think that is the old term, but it may now be called Lichen planus. In any event, the endless cylce of scratching and rash development must be controlled.

Warm showers and an overall moisturizer usually helps minor cases. A dermatologist has a whole arsenal of corticosteroids to prescribe.

Old 05-05-2003, 07:15 PM   #4

Claudia Wolf HB User
[quote]Originally posted by Claudia Wolf:
[b] My husband has an itchy rash all over his body. No doctors have been able to dianose or relieve the itch. He scratches contiuously. His hands are swollen. He has some areas with pimple like bumps, but this could be from the creams. He was tested and does have some allergies, none of which would account for the original rash. There is a small white chain like shape under his skin, and the hair on his skin seems to be lessening. There is a small bumpy rash all over neck, arms, stomach, back of knees and groin area. Can anyone help? where can we go for an undiagnosed diease or syndrome? No one has given us anything to go on and he has had this for 8 months.
C.[/b][/quote]

He has been to two expert dermatologists and an internist and they don't know what it is. Prescribed expensive ointments and pills that don't work. It is not scabies or mites. I am getting itchy also. Tingly itch that stings and hurts. I am freaked. No one is helping. They don't know what it is. What camn we do and where do we go for help?

Old 05-06-2003, 06:17 PM   #5

btandmv HB User
The itch has to stop so that he will stop scratching. Try to find a product called Skin Saver. I got it at a trade show and I'm not sure if it is in stores. It stopped the non-stop itching of my eczema - helped clear my skin up.

I have seen it referred to on eczema.net - so I'm sure its available on the Internet.

Good luck and God Bless him - I know how maddenig the constant itch can be.

Old 05-06-2003, 08:56 PM   #6

1212 HB User
Talking

I'm no doctor - this is my person opinion. Great news for itchy skin. Have your dermatologist test you for dermatographism - very easy test. I developed this condition over every inch of my skin just 2 months ago. I itched everywhere and couldn't stop. I tried everything - NOTHING worked. After a month of constant itching, developing into scratches so deep that scabs were forming - I went to my dermatologist. He diagnosed me within minutes - dermatographism - no reason for it's development. I'm very healthy and 36 yrs. old - no sign of this before.

Very easy course of treatment:

1)Allegra 180 mg once a day - most important - this is the antihistimine best suited for this condition which is called dermatographism. Allegra is a long acting antihistimine - thus the reason for only taking 1 per day.

2)Hydroxyzine - dosing depends on your individual condition - dermatologist can help you determine how much to start with. This is a short-term, quick acting antihistimine. Take every 3-4 hours 4x a day. Discuss with dermatologist which dose to begin with.

3)Begin a urticarial elimination diet. Dermatologist can provide list.

The process begins with taking all medications for 1 month and eliminating the foods on the list. The second month includes beginning the elimination of the hydroxyzine and staying away from the foods on the list. 3rd month begins weaning off of Allergra - continued elimination of foods on list. After a month of no itching and not taking any medication - begin by adding foods on the list 1 by 1

Closed Thread