It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2003, 11:42 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Aimee8396 HB User
Post DNCB for warts, anyone tried this?

My 5 year old daughter has several warts on her hands. The dermatologist has tried Aldera for 3 months and that did nothing to them. We tried OTC products faithfully for several months with no shrinking. He now has her trying DNCB, which I guess is some kind of poison?? In researching it I'm finding all sorts of crazy things on it. Has anyone used this treatment? Did it work? How long will it take? The next step would be surgical, and I hate to put her through so much pain. Any advice on this stuff would be helpful. Thanks, Aimee

Old 05-02-2003, 06:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
This link below is to a study about how to get rid of warts with duct tape. Sounds pretty good to me.
[url="http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum110/HTML/001798.html"]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum110/HTML/001798.html[/url]

Another thing you can try is a banana peel patch. I know, sound's crazy but banana peels (unripe) have an enzyme in them that makes warts go away.

Cut a piece of banana peel and place it over the wart before going to bed. Tape in place with a small bandaid.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2003, 05:16 PM   #3
(female)

Kallay7 HB User
Thumbs up

I had Plantar's warts on my feet, and though they are different I think you should know about the "miracle" treatment I did to get rid of them, which are notoriously much more stubborn than warts on the hands. It can't hurt. I tried the freezing, the injections, and even the surgery which was very intense to get rid of them. Nothing worked. I heard something somewhere about garlic, so I bough a clove of fresh garlic and cut it into slices and rubbed them on my feet. No joke, they were gone in less than a month and I had some of them for over 10 years. Try it, it just might work and it's easy to do, as long as you like the smeel of it! Let me know if it works for you.

Closed Thread