It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2003, 07:55 PM   #1

KatiePie HB User
Question Plz help!! Unknow Skin Disorder

I am looking for some information on a skin disorder. Someone who is close to me is suffering from this and she has been to doctor after doctor and no one can seem to find the cause. She has had this since she was a child. She has sores all over her body but mostley on her arms and legs. They look like when you scratch open a misquito bite and it gets infection. This is how they look most of the time. sometimes they will dry up but they do not go away. The nodes in her neck also swell up. All of the doctors she has seen say they have never seen anything really like it and all her test are coming back okay. If you have ever seen a sore cause by sarcoid, that is what it looks like but they ruled out sarcoid. Anyways, if anyone has seen or have something like this please reply. I am trying everything I can think of to help her

Old 05-08-2003, 05:21 PM   #2
(female)

Kallay7 HB User
It sounds like a chemical irritation to me. If she's had it all her life ask her if she's been using the same laundry detergent. I know my family is supersensitive to a lot of them, we switched to Tide and it works for us, but it makes sense it irritates her skin constantly and consistently. Could be as simple as that, I would tell her to switch or just run her clothes in hot water for a couple cycles and see if that works. It won't help if it's still used in the house though, she could still inhale it and get it on her hands from the laundry. Good luck, hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread