It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2003, 06:15 AM   #1
(female)

Kelly28Tx HB User
Post How to remove sunless tan from palms *Please Help*

I just went to the tanning salon and did the spray on tan and I put the lotion they provided on the palms of my hands but they got darker than the rest of my body. Is there any way I can lighten it or remove it? Please help, I look horrible.

Old 04-25-2003, 04:46 PM   #2
(female)

honeybee81 HB User
god, sorry to hear that! i've used the mystic tan twice and they told me to put that lotion on really thick so it's still goopy on your hands - don't rub it in. i always have lines on the sides of my fingers and at my wrist, though.
my problem w/ any self tanner is after a several days, your skin naturally exfoliates and the color looks blotchy. my face and hands fade after two days cause i wash them more often. no matter how much you moisturize, unless you reapply every few days, you're eventually going to look uneven. i've given up on them for now.
one more tip: if you use self tanner at home, wear plastic gloves (like they have @ Sally's) to apply it to your body then use a cotton pad to coat the tops of your hands. palms and nails won't get nasty! good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2003, 09:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sakara33 HB User
Arrow

I have done this plenty of times....to get if off my hands I used Clorox bleach gel that is in a squirt bottle....and it worked great....hope that helps...

Old 05-08-2003, 05:34 PM   #4
(female)

Kallay7 HB User
Easy solution... lemon juice and sugar, scrub scrub scrub! Another good place to seek info for this is on a bridal/wedding disaster site, lots of women make the mistake of using a self tanner without gloves. Good luck!

Closed Thread