It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2003, 12:32 AM   #1

Shinobi_07 HB User
Post sweat spots?

Ok this might sound a little strange but in hot weather days like summer or fall i have noticed these sweat spots scattered around my body mostly the neck/shoulder area. I dont know the real term or defination of this, but that is what i refer to unless someone correct me.

My mom bought these anti-sweat-spot liquid and it burns when i put it on the affected area, but it does help get rid of those sweat spots. However they still tend to come back especially during the hot days of summer and fall.

My family and i still haven't figured out a way to permanently get rid of this. My parents got some too for some reason. The good thing is since i live in Canada and during the winter months or cold days these sweat spots won't spots appear much.

Does anyone know what the hell im talking about and how to fix this problem permantenly?? If not, does anybody know the right term for this and is there medical prescription for it??

thx.

Old 05-17-2003, 12:52 AM   #2

zBret9 HB User
Its called a heat rash. I used to get it really bad under my shoulder pads during football when I was a little kid. It seemed to resolve itself as I got older. I still get it get it under my arms when I jog, but never if I jump straight in the shower after my run. It seems to be caused by a combination of heat, moisture and some sort of irritant(specific brand of deodorant or clothing detergent). You might try an anti-perspirant, a different brand of deodorent or different type of detergent. Otherwise keep the area involved cool and DRY.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread