It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2003, 10:05 PM   #1

sabrach HB User
Question brown patch on skin....

right in between my breasts there is a brown patch of skin, it appears to look dirty. It is not dirt tho, I have great hygiene, I shower once often twice a day. It doesn't itch or anything, just looks unsightly and I just want to know if anyone knows how to get rid of it? please help!!!

Old 02-08-2003, 10:31 PM   #2

shantel03 HB User
Hi,

I have the same problem. And I can't get rid of it. If you find help please let me know also. I take a bath twice a day so I know it's not dirt either.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2003, 12:41 AM   #3

speculate7 HB User
I have the same patch, but it is on the back of my neck. I noticed it had grown bigger, so I went to a doctor and he said it was a fungal infection. He prescribed Selsun (a lotion) and told me to put it on my body for one week. Hope it works.

Old 03-12-2003, 01:24 PM   #4
(female)

girlgato HB Usergirlgato HB User
Talking

This brown spot could also be from the sun. If you normally wear a bathing suit with a low cut front and have repeatedly burned in that area, could be why you have the brown spot.

I recommend that you go to a dermatologist just to be certain though. It's so hard to diagnose something without actually seeing it.

Old 05-19-2003, 12:11 PM   #5

maribelle_dp HB User
Wink

I have the same skin problem. But I have it on my chest, back, stomach, shoulders, and arms. It is called Tinea Versicolor. It is a type of a fungus and I believe it is triggered by heat. During the summer it flairs up alot and if I do not take care of it is runs onto my face. The Selsun shampoo that is PRESCRIBED for it WORKS. But you have to follow directions EXACTLY the way the doctor or bottle tells you. The store shampoo does not work as well.

Old 05-20-2003, 12:16 AM   #6

Shinobi_07 HB User
ah i have the same exact problem but i worded it differently. take a look
[url="http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum110/HTML/002594.html"]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum110/HTML/002594.html[/url]

And i agree what maribelle says it is triggered by heat and summer days. Oh yeah maribelle is that selsun a shampoo or lotion refered by speculate7?? Also is it sold in stores like shopers drug mart or wal-mart etc? Or it can be only purchased in pharmacies?

thx

Closed Thread